World Cup Draw

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been looking and looking and looking at this potential draw, really studying it and I just can’t seem to see Wales in there...? Where are they....because they must be in there as they are amazing.....someone help me out.?

oh....just realized, I can’t find Scotland, Ireland or Norhtern Ireland...... 

help please. 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Germany, Sweden, Korea.

We can have three disappointing England exit losses in the group stage alone.

Can't have three European nations in the same group.

As per our last five world cups from memory . 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014, England will be paired with a South American nation, a fellow European and a one of either Africa, Asia or Concacaf.

With no South Americans in pot 3 or 4, it's almost inevitablle we will get Brazil or Argentina. Then probably Denmark/Sweden and finally one from pot four barring Serbia.

I'm probably reading too much into it.

But it's interesting how England are in pot 2 (probably for the first time in a while) and all the South American nations are in either pot 1 or 2. If I was to guess I will go with Argentina, Denmark and Japan - a decent group.

57 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Can't have three European nations in the same group.

As per our last five world cups from memory . 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014, England will be paired with a South American nation, a fellow European and a one of either Africa, Asia or Concacaf.

With no South Americans in pot 3 or 4, it's almost inevitablle we will get Brazil or Argentina. Then probably Denmark/Sweden and finally one from pot four barring Serbia.

I'm probably reading too much into it.

But it's interesting how England are in pot 2 (probably for the first time in a while) and all the South American nations are in either pot 1 or 2. If I was to guess I will go with Argentina, Denmark and Japan - a decent group.

England have only been in pot 1 in 2010 and 2006.

The top seeds in our groups since 98.

98 - Romania

2002 - Argentina

2006- England

2010 - England

2014 - Uruguay (Italy were drawn into South America & Africa pot)

Usually the pots are split up into federations, 1 pot for seeds, 1 pot for Europe, 1 pot for Africa & South America and 1 pot for Asia and North America and Oceania. This is the first time where Europe have not had their own pot. 

Iranian ram here. Iran are very well drilled under Carlos Querioz, top team in asia, unbeaten in the qualification campaign, havent lost a competitive game in normal time since the last world cup, I think we can shock a few people here. A lot of you guys see Iran as an easy win for england, Id bet against it

43 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Iranian ram here. Iran are very well drilled under Carlos Querioz, top team in asia, unbeaten in the qualification campaign, havent lost a competitive game in normal time since the last world cup, I think we can shock a few people here. A lot of you guys see Iran as an easy win for england, Id bet against it

The last time England had an easy win at a major was probably Denmark in 2002. Iran would no doubt cause them difficulties, just as others such as Costa Rica, Algeria, USA, Nigeria and Iceland have.

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I'd bet against anyone thinking England have easy games anymore!

Honestly cant wait though, first time Iran have made two consecutive world cups. With our under 17 team making the world cup quater finals in india and beating germany 4-0 on the way, future is bright and we are set to stay top of asian football for a long time :)

On 23/11/2017 at 20:26, rynny said:

Wow, not sure how good Senegal and Japan are these days but they would’ve been tricky fixtures. 

I wouldn’t mind that kind of group, at least you know that those 3 teams are going to try and be competitive which suits England better, hitting on the break.

Archived