Danny Ings

JoeDerby

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a great player, basically a more clinical Vydra with more bite. Spent quite a while out injured however so I'd be curious if he has the same pace.

Strange signing though, do we really need 5 first team strikers vying for 2 spots? Would probably spell an end to Winnall getting gamtime as well as probably pushing Vydra further back in the pecking order. 

Not entirely convinced it's true.

9 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

He's a great player, basically a more clinical Vydra with more bite. Spent quite a while out injured however so I'd be curious if he has the same pace.

Strange signing though, do we really need 5 first team strikers vying for 2 spots? Would probably spell an end to Winnall getting gamtime as well as probably pushing Vydra further back in the pecking order. 

Not entirely convinced it's true.

not forgetting Bent

Tried to click on that but bombarded with ads and there were so many trying to load the page just stopped. I last attempted to read something on that site a few months ago and its getting even worse.

Anyway, he'd be a good signing, was real quality when at Burnley but barely played for a couple of years. And it only seems to make sense if others are on their way out, which is perfectly feasible.  

If we have money to spend, there are other areas that need improving first.

We have four very capable strikers at the moment and Bent offers another, different, option. Even Bent is most likely to go in January (at least that's how I think), I can't see room in our striker department at the moment. Maybe if someone else follows Bent out of the door...

The biggest question is, would he improve what we got at the moment? Fully fit, no doubt but he is far, far away from it.

From The Sun  

INGS IN 

West Ham want Danny Ings in January loan deal as David Moyes looks to seal move for Liverpool crock

Jurgen Klopp ready to let striker leave in January in order to gain match fitness first-team action elsewhere

EXCLUSIVE

By Alan Nixon

11th November 2017, 10:30 pm

Updated: 11th November 2017, 11:23 pm

LIVERPOOL will let Danny Ings go out on loan — and David Moyes’ West Ham have jumped into the race for the hitman.

The 25-year-old striker is slowly recovering his best form having had two knee operations since he moved to the Kop but the next step will be regular first-team football, ideally in the Premier League

West Ham are chasing a loan deal for Liverpool striker Danny Ings

Moyes is a big admirer of Ings and tried to take him to Real Sociedad when he was running out of contract at Burnley a couple of years ago.

Ings is the type of short-term fix on a budget that Moyes has in mind for January when the Hammers will need a lift to get them out of trouble.

Liverpool will want to be sure Ings is playing when he is loaned out — and not just sitting on the bench — and that will be the test for all of the clubs who have kept on his trail.

Newcastle and Ings’ former club Bournemouth both like him and would take him.

David Moyes is a fan of the injured attacker and wants to land him in January

But they would also have to convince Reds boss Jurgen Klopp and his transfer team that it would be beneficial to go there.

Ings could easily find a Championship club but a Prem switch is better for all concerned to get him back to the top level and in with a shot at breaking into the Liverpool side.

Can’t see any way he will end up on loan with us

'

'

6 hours ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I know it's less reliable than a British summer but FL72 is 'reporting' that we will offload Shackell and Anya and bid £6 million for Ings in Jan...

I'd be open to idea getting £6 million offloading those two though :sleep:

8 hours ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I know it's less reliable than a British summer but FL72 is 'reporting' that we will offload Shackell and Anya and bid £6 million for Ings in Jan...

Add Bent to the out list and we'd have cleared three players who aren't needed and Ings' wages would likely be less than the amount we would have cleared off the wage bill.

The difficult part comes when we actually have to find clubs who will want to take these players on as well as being able to match their wage demands. Then secondly there's the issue of convincing Ings to come here ahead of at least a few PL clubs who will also be interested. Would be nice, but I really can't see it happening.

Archived