Holiday Plans - 2018

Mostyn6

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Spent a day there when we played United last season. It was like a ghost town, nobody there on a Friday afternoon. Strange place. 

You spent a day at Salford quays? Probably the most uninspiring dull places.

1 minute ago, alexxxxx said:

Only an afternoon prior to the match, honest.....

Brought the wife up and stayed just by the ground and wondered over the bridge to have a mooch. Friday afternoon in London, ya can't move for people. Was odd to even see a person there.

7 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

You have to remember he lives in Belper, doesn’t get anymore dull than there, spending a day anywhere would be a welcome break. 

6 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Me and my lady headed to Nashville for a weekend next month and then planning to go to Bora Bora in November.

You still going strong mate? I was a bit worried, not seen anything on Facebook.

2 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Yeah were doing fine mate, thanks for asking.Actually taking her to an opera this weekend.Looking at tux rentals now.?

Nobody can refuse a man in a tux, be sure to send some pics so we can all see the next American James Bond in action ??

5 hours ago, sage said:

Where are you off to?

Cottage a few miles from Dorchester, and we'll be out and about all over the county while we're there. 

It's part of a plan to visit places in England, that we've never been to properly. Last year was Northumberland, which I loved and will definitely go again. Year before was Kent. I think there is only really Suffolk left after Dorset. 

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Cottage a few miles from Dorchester, and we'll be out and about all over the county while we're there. 

It's part of a plan to visit places in England, that we've never been to properly. Last year was Northumberland, which I loved and will definitely go again. Year before was Kent. I think there is only really Suffolk left after Dorset. 

If you get to go through Poundbury, near Dorchester, go to the Duchess of Cornwall pub, always found decent selection of drinks and nice pub food.

Be stopping off there again next week myself.

2 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Yeah were doing fine mate, thanks for asking.Actually taking her to an opera this weekend.Looking at tux rentals now.?

Rental?

You can buy an entire packet for about a quid from Tesco

tuc.jpg.036a29ccfc01c346a4e19a6c7c3242ee.jpg

Well, I had a job and a half getting bookings sorted out. My bank flagged my last debit card transaction as 'suspect' and put a block on it - problem was, I had bought some stuff from Holland and Germany yesterday, then booked accommodation in Ireland and Belgium. One card, payments in four countries. Better to be safe than sorry, I suppose, but I ended up spending half an hour today on the phone to the fraud department, replying to text messages from the bank and on the phone to the hotel getting them to re-submit the transaction. Twice (because the unblock transaction took about two hours to clear).

4 hours ago, ketteringram said:

I can recommend the Boot Inn and Belvedere Inn (near each other) in Weymouth, Lulworth Cove and the (as discussed) Square and Compass in Worth Matravers. I will be there 1th and 18th.  

Archived