Holiday Plans - 2018

Mostyn6

7 hours ago, Moist One said:

What plans have you got for next year?

Budapest - lads weekend - January

Spain - golfing holiday - Easter week

Greece or Cyprus - World Cup break - June

It would be very helpful if you could please include your addresses as well as the dates that you're away in answering this post.

:ph34r:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

None. 

Scotland is on the wishlist though, not Edinburgh or Glasgow, but somewhere remote where they’ll look at me as a foreigner, one village pub, shop, post office, fields, no phone signal, that kinda thing.

Kinell, remote pub in Scotland? They’ll lynch yer!

New York in August..... telling Mrs for her birthday on Friday, been a dream of ours to go for years..... never been able to afford it for one main reason..... but now I can..... Got a cracking deal through LoveHoidays too..... flights from Manchester, 4 star hotel, 5 minutes walk from Times Square, transfers included £1350 total price.

Taking kids plenty of day trips and planning on DisneyLand in 2019.

Just now, Mafiabob said:

New York in August..... telling Mrs for her birthday on Friday, been a dream of ours to go for years..... never been able to afford it for one main reason..... but now I can..... Got a cracking deal through LoveHoidays too..... flights from Manchester, 4 star hotel, 5 minutes walk from Times Square, transfers included £1350 total price.

Taking kids plenty of day trips and planning on DisneyLand in 2019.

Well you are famous now mate ?

18 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

It would be very helpful if you could please include your addresses as well as the dates that you're away in answering this post.

:ph34r:

I would, but I am moving soon and haven't sealed the new address yet. Watch this space.

15 minutes ago, David said:

None. 

Scotland is on the wishlist though, not Edinburgh or Glasgow, but somewhere remote where they’ll look at me as a foreigner, one village pub, shop, post office, fields, no phone signal, that kinda thing.

Go to Orkney - I'm there now. Dodgy Wi-Fi but can just about keep in contact with the developed world. No pub but one shop with all you need, wind howling and occasional heavy rain. Bliss!

1 hour ago, sage said:

Yeh I have been a couple of times. It's the cheapest long haul holiday to do and one of the best.

What do you consider long haul and cheap? Flights to Mexico return from London is around £530 and living expenses are cheap in comparison with your normal European holidays.

I have my parents and brother coming out for a few weeks next year. That will be my 2018 holiday.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What do you consider long haul and cheap? Flights to Mexico return from London is around £530 and living expenses are cheap in comparison with your normal European holidays.

I have my parents and brother coming out for a few weeks next year. That will be my 2018 holiday.

I have been to Mexico and yes it is long haul. Flights to Sri Lanka are a little cheaper and it is certainly cheaper when you get there.  

18 minutes ago, sage said:

He can have the tv if he tidies up and mows the lawn.

I’ve seen the lawn, there’s not a Tv big enough worth nicking to warrant it ?

mind you, mine needs it’s final cut tbh, it’s about 6inch long.

and the grass 

12 minutes ago, sage said:

I have been to Mexico and yes it is long haul. Flights to Sri Lanka are a little cheaper and it is certainly cheaper when you get there.  

Where in Mexico did you go? I’m based in Baja California Sur, so right on the other side.

Plenty of decent places to go, but most I assume head to Cancun.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Where in Mexico did you go? I’m based in Baja California Sur, so right on the other side.

Plenty of decent places to go, but most I assume head to Cancun.

I flew into Cancun which I hated and spent my evenings in the Mexican part of town, then went on a 3 day tour of Merida. Uxmal and Chichen Itza which I loved. I then went to an all-inclusive for 5 days in Puerto del Carmen which was pretty good and made excellent by a Argentinian lady I met there.  

If I went again I would stay on an island and then in or near Tulum.

Archived