Maikel Kieftenbeld lifts the lid on his collapsed move to Derby County

loweman2

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

the ever escalating arms race between ad-blockers and ad providers.

if there was a way to just have a few at a manageable level....

I'm a bit of a mardy. If I go on a site that harasses me then I just never go on it again. Bye DET. 

Sky Sports does this "Are you enjoying this app" thing. Well I was until you asked me if I'm enjoying it while I was using it. I mean just before it gets to the point I press "no" then surely I'll have stopped using it? 

Personally decided a long time ago to never click on a Telegraph link due to the insultingly blatant click bait. Used to do my thing for them as I used to work there but it's just unbearable now. Painful.

I'l wait for someone to cop and paste the artile. ?

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Can't read it. Adverts. 

I get the need for revenue but if the adverts are so bad that you won't go on the website again then what's the point?

My original post I put the link at the top and then copied and pasted the article for those who have issues with the adverts, how ever I infringed the forum guidelines and it was reduced down to just the link !

that used to be greeted with a wave of “lazy linker” abuse but now it’s the way forward !

i wouldn’t have bothered if I had realised as I agree the telegraph site is b***** !

44 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

My original post I put the link at the top and then copied and pasted the article for those who have issues with the adverts, how ever I infringed the forum guidelines and it was reduced down to just the link !

that used to be greeted with a wave of “lazy linker” abuse but now it’s the way forward !

i wouldn’t have bothered if I had realised as I agree the telegraph site is b***** !

I think it's because you're infringing copyright if you repeat an article from another site without paying for it. You would be allowed (it's called "fair use") to quote a few lines, but not the whole thing.

For everyone struggling with the ads, you need to up your browsing game. The web has to be paid for somehow, so I don't mind ads and even click on them to help sites out from time to time, but if a site become's impossible then just use Firefox with the NoScript add-on and then sites can't run javascript (all the pop-ups) on your computer.

For anyone who can't read it or is too lazy, Kief contract runs out at the end of the season, Brum haven't offered a new one and there's no secret deal with Derby to sign in January.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think it's because you're infringing copyright if you repeat an article from another site without paying for it. You would be allowed (it's called "fair use") to quote a few lines, but not the whole thing.

For everyone struggling with the ads, you need to up your browsing game. The web has to be paid for somehow, so I don't mind ads and even click on them to help sites out from time to time, but if a site become's impossible then just use Firefox with the NoScript add-on and then sites can't run javascript (all the pop-ups) on your computer.

For anyone who can't read it or is too lazy, Kief contract runs out at the end of the season, Brum haven't offered a new one and there's no secret deal with Derby to sign in January.

Im assuming DET must pay a lot out then in royalties or whatever as they are always repeating articles from other websites.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Im assuming DET must pay a lot out then in royalties or whatever as they are always repeating articles from other websites.

Often it's considered fine if you give proper credit in the article to the people who did the original interview with a link included and add some extra info. 

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

They're owned by Trinity Mirror Group which has more than 150 UK newspapers, some national like th Daily Mirror and Daily Record but most local. They share stories across the group, hence the D(E)T may repeat something from the Daily Record, or the Bournemouth (Evening) Echo, if it's about Derby.

18 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm far from Sherlock Holmes, but wouldn't it be pretty poor as a secret deal if he told it exists?

19 hours ago, shubbard said:

Personally decided a long time ago to never click on a Telegraph link due to the insultingly blatant click bait. Used to do my thing for them as I used to work there but it's just unbearable now. Painful.

I'l wait for someone to cop and paste the artile. ?

Did they employ you as their proof reader.

Archived