Radio Derby Sportscene

Rev

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I want gram richards back instead of owen bradley does my head as puts craig ramage down him gram ricards make a great team.

He means Ed Dawes.

A lot of people have selective memory of Graham Richards. He was great, but turned into a bitter moaner around 1992 and with Ian Hall made me stop listening to commentaries. Even the lamentable Ed Dawes never managed that.   

9 hours ago, sage said:

A lot of people have selective memory of Graham Richards. He was great, but turned into a bitter moaner around 1992 and with Ian Hall made me stop listening to commentaries. Even the lamentable Ed Dawes never managed that.   

I agree with that, @sage. He had many good years but at the end became quite contoversial. When you listen to the way he was treated you can partly understand why . I know he would never get away with some of his less politically correct comments these days. But at his best he was great and such a rich and varied vocabulary really brought the game to life.

Pah, just wait, in 30 years time when everyone is looking back and thinking 'that craig ramage, he was a legend on the commentary'

:ph34r:

I only listened post '92 and thought he was great.

Who cares if he was "controversial" (a by-word for not being bland and colourless)? He said it as he saw it, which is the commentators job.

Ian Hall always came across as the negative one, but so what?  You need dark and light.

Used to love his little round-up of the events after the match.

Superb vocabulary. "Horacio from Rosario, what a piece of Argentine dexterity!".

Archived