u23s at the Olympic Stadium this Friday

sage

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GermanRam said:

Had a quick chat with him after the match on Friday, he said he didn't know why he was not in the first team squad.

So, after the match on Friday, he says he doesn't know why he's not in the squad for Saturday?. Hmmmm....

Treacle or no treacle, He looked superbly good when he came on in his last first team cameo but in fairness he did look clunky in the U23 match.

Still think he should replace Hudds and start tues but if he’s not starting soon then sadly he will be looking for a new club soon. Didn’t Rowett say he’d play a role in the next few games? Seem to recall that from a recent report somewhere - but could be GT popping up in my DCFC glory dreams again. Perhaps someone can dig that out.

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Treacle or no treacle, He looked superbly good when he came on in his last first team cameo but in fairness he did look clunky in the U23 match.

Still think he should replace Hudds and start tues but if he’s not starting soon then sadly he will be looking for a new club soon. Didn’t Rowett say he’d play a role in the next few games? Seem to recall that from a recent report somewhere - but could be GT popping up in my DCFC glory dreams again. Perhaps someone can dig that out.

He really could make a massive difference to our game..linking up with our forwards has been missing this season.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

So, after the match on Friday, he says he doesn't know why he's not in the squad for Saturday?. Hmmmm....

Do you want to have a think about this one again? :D

On Friday he played for the u23s and said he wasn't sure why he wasn't in the first team squad for Saturday

I don't think he was supposing that his performance on the Friday night would get him a game on the Saturday!

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I do. He's playing like he's running through treacle!

I still reckon he'd win a race against Huddlestone

Remarkable to me that our best CM isn't getting a sniff - I love Huddlestone but (for me) on-form Thorne is better than on-form Huddlestone

And then they pick Hanson for the bench? Surely having just got back from injury he would need the game time on the Friday?!?!?

10 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I suspect he means in a general sort of "why aren't I in contention for first team matches" way rather than for that specific match.

15 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

On Friday he played for the u23s and said he wasn't sure why he wasn't in the first team squad for Saturday

I don't think he was supposing that his performance on the Friday night would get him a game on the Saturday!

I still reckon he'd win a race against Huddlestone

That's it.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Hmm..

Maybe he wanted someone on the bench to cover fullbacks?

Olsson isn't injured is he? And Lowe played the whole game for the u23s - And if we had a major problem with Baird in the game Keogh could move out there (not ideal but it's a backup choice)

I actually quite like Rowett's attitude towards filling the bench - Backup Keeper, Defensive cover, Midfield cover (for injuries) and then as many players as you can choose who could change a game - But I'd personally rather have Thorne with the first team squad and Hanson getting game time on his road back from injury

Unless he's planning to start Thorne on Tuesday... (all my fingers crossed for that)

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

He said it in the press conference on Friday. This is the start of where he talks about Thorne.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/blog/iframe/stream-video/16620#t=00:14:43

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

No re-think needed here thanks. He's coming back from injury and has been in the previous squads (on the bench), then played for the U23s and showed that he isn't fit yet. Why then would he be surprised not to be in the squad for another game 24 hours later?.

17 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

He's coming back from injury and has been in the previous squads (on the bench), then played for the U23s and showed that he isn't fit yet.

Thorne not in the senior squad

Hanson in the senior squad

Where's your logic on that one then? Hanson also on way back from injury and would have been good to get him a run out surely?

18 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Why then would he be surprised not to be in the squad for another game 24 hours later?.

This is the main bit you need to re-think

No-one - Not me, not Thorne, not @GermanRam - Is suggesting Thorne would have been in BOTH the u23 squad AND the senior squad - No-one here would think that is the case

We're suggesting it was odd they weren't the other way around - Hanson with the u23s on Friday and Thorne with the senior squad on Saturday - And I'm 99% certain that's what Thorne would have meant too - Hanson would have benefited from a proper run out after injury and Thorne would have been with the senior squad since he must be pushing for a start by now

Archived