DCFC Funeral

ossieram

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been to a couple of Derby lads funerals (far too young unfortunately). My cousin died in an accident aged 43 back in 2009 . The bearers all wore Rams shirts (one was a Stoke fan). His headstone has a Ram carved on it,

A good mate passed away last year aged 57, his family had a fantastic Ram made out of flowers, bearers in Derby shirts, Doveridge Rams and Uttoxeter Rams flags out at the wake etc.

You don't need an official DCFC funeral to acknowledge that the deceased was a die hard Ram. It tends to happen naturally through family and friends but there will be a market for it and some will want the full monty, ashes on the pitch and all that.

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

Joking aside, it’s a serious subject.

Do they have a recorded chant of “going down, going down, going down” to play in the cemetery?

I expect a pm from the boss any minute.

Usual riposte is 'so are you,so are you,so are you'

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Any other clubs do it? Bury, Inter Milan.....Cremonesetorium?

Gumps have a morgue most home games

I've seen them go 6' down the table.

Being more of a holding midfielder type in life never had the desire to get into the box and if the time comes when I'm asked to play in the hole, could I ask the big guy if I could be substituted and be replaced by someone else?

11 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought "dumped in the river Trent" was the notts forest equivalent of buried at sea?

Always wondered where 'pro bait' came from.

On 13 November 2017 at 15:28, richinspain said:

Personally I think it’s a great idea. I don’t think my “Spanish” family would be too keen on it mind. I told my wife and daughter that I would like at least half of my ashes dispersed on the pitch. They looked at me incredulously. When I said that I was serious they just sort of grunted. If I’m lucky it’s the most i’ll be getting. Hopefully it will also be a few (or a lot) of years before they need to make a decision though.

Brings a whole new meaning to a split personality.

Hope it'll be many years before you urn (get it!) the right to have your wish!?

Archived