Jamie Robson

Fraser_23

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

'Derby do have a connection with Scottish football in the past, signing midfielder Craig Bryson from Kilmarnock in 2011, and Kyle McAllister from St Mirren in January this year.'

And, er, Johnny Russell from the same club this lad plays for. Another well put-together and researched piece by the Derby Telegraph.

It wasn't even that.

Article first appeared in Scottish Sun 2 days ago, but telegraph did a copy and paste for a bit of click bait :ermm:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1824769/derby-county-dundee-united-january-move-jamie-robson/

Do we really need another Left Back? The best way to improve a squad is by strengthening in your weakest area and (for me) that's still out wingers - We have Lawrence, Russell and Weimann currently - The fact that we're playing Johnson there on a semi-regular basis worries me

Not that Rowett would ever drop Johnson - I suspect he'll be playing LB on Tuesday just to cram him in the team somewhere

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Do we really need another Left Back? The best way to improve a squad is by strengthening in your weakest area and (for me) that's still out wingers - We have Lawrence, Russell and Weimann currently - The fact that we're playing Johnson there on a semi-regular basis worries me

Not that Rowett would ever drop Johnson - I suspect he'll be playing LB on Tuesday just to cram him in the team somewhere

No. We have Max Lowe too.

21 minutes ago, GermanRam said:

No. We have Max Lowe too.

Yep - I actually count us at 4 - Forsyth, Olsson, Lowe and McDonald

If Rowett is serious in his intent to create space for the u23 team to get opportunities then bringing in another 19 yr old would suggest he doesn't think much of Lowe or McDonald

I suspect this is just agent talk and we're not interested at all  

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Yep - I actually count us at 4 - Forsyth, Olsson, Lowe and McDonald

If Rowett is serious in his intent to create space for the u23 team to get opportunities then bringing in another 19 yr old would suggest he doesn't think much of Lowe or McDonald

I suspect this is just agent talk and we're not interested at all  

That was my initial thought too, but looking at it more closely Rowett might be after new one.

Forsyth - as expected, hasn't been as good as he was before the injuries. Ain't he running out of contract too?

Olsson - attacking fullback. Can't see him in Rowett's team.

Lowe - ability wise ready to make a step up, the body seems to disagree. Shame really. Might go into the same category as Olsson.

McDonald - showing only promise so far.

Complete clearance in next 8 months or so could be reality.

6 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

That was my initial thought too, but looking at it more closely Rowett might be after new one.

Forsyth - as expected, hasn't been as good as he was before the injuries. Ain't he running out of contract too?

Lowe - ability wise ready to make a step up, the body seems to disagree. Shame really. Might go into the same category as Olsson.

Would be an exceptionally odd use of money when we're still short of wingers though...

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Would be an exceptionally odd use of money when we're still short of wingers though...

Rowett might see our winger situation differently (Russell, Johnson, and Lawrence are clearly his favorites and we have Weimann and Bennett to add the numbers) Whatever the case will be, it's not a bad business to keep eye on young, promising player who is running out of contract next summer.

6 hours ago, Dimmu said:

All valid points. Ironically it's the one area an old head would help. Sure the defence up for a year ready to hopefully hand the reins to Lowe.

Can understand GR being disappointed with Forsyth, Olsson isn't his type of player, Lowe doesn't seem able to string 2 matches together and I don't think McDonald is anywhere near ready.

Clear the decks and have Lowe and this guy competing for a spot if he's the required standard.

Bargains there means more spending prowess elsewhere. Better a free full back and decent midfielder than overpriced full back and a free midfielder a la Cotterill.

On 20/11/2017 at 09:12, cheron85 said:

Don't rate johnson then?! 

Thought he did a good job at left back last time he got played there.

Archived