Steve Bloomer's Washing

SBW #10: Malcolm Christie

Latest Updates

Hi everyone,

SBW Episode 10 is an in-depth chat with Malcolm Christie, who scored 30 goals for Derby before leaving in 2003, then later becoming a car salesman. He talks about:
- His most memorable Rams moments - the goals against Man Utd and *that* disallowed hattrick.
- How Taribo West got the whole team in a huddle before games to pray together.
- Having to retire at just 29 due to injury, and how he coped.

He's incredibly honest and candid, and had some great stories to tell. As always, thanks for listening!

Chris

Looking forward to listening this on the car journey home tonight

How easy is it to get these interviews? Do you get send a load of requests? 

3 hours ago, Hucknall Ram said:

Looking forward to listening this on the car journey home tonight

How easy is it to get these interviews? Do you get send a load of requests? 

It varies. It's basically a case of deciding on a relevant/interesting player, tracking them down, getting in touch, explaining the podcast to them, getting them on board, and arranging a meet/call to get the chat done. I'm a journalist by trade so have done this sort of thing enough times in the past, but it is pretty time-consuming.

Still, the Powell and Christie ones have definitely been worth it (for my own selfish reasons if nothing else!) I've got another couple in the pipeline, but still need to get them set up. 

I'm happy to take suggestions for ex-players you'd like to hear from... within reason!

2 hours ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

I'm happy to take suggestions for ex-players you'd like to hear from... within reason!

Marco Gabbiadini -  He was at the club at a very interesting period, one of Pickering's 1st buys, Wembley losses, the Millwall play off game and promotion to the prem.

You can spend the night at his B&B

Edited by Hucknall Ram