Chants

Stripperg-ram

In another thread, where Chris Mills asks about the words to a specific chant, and whilst at the Huddersfield game the other night, my 11 year old nephew asked me what the south standers were singing. (Some of which I couldn't repeat to one so young and some of which I plain didn't know).

All this made me think that I don't know all the words to all the chants/songs

And maybe, just maybe all of us other West, North and North East standers don't know them either. And that's why we're so quiet in comparison.

So I thought i'd start a thread to educate the ignorant, quiet majority (or failing that, just me!!) and get all those in the know to write out in this thread, all the existing chants.

This can only be a positive thing.

And hopefully, more singers, more of a buzz around the ground etc.

If the mods want to pin it and it could be used for new chants too then that could be good also..?

Cheers

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you're tired and weary
Your heart will skip a beat
You'll get your fuking head kicked in as you walk down Shaftsbury Street
You'll walk onto the popside, you hear a mighty roar
**** off you Forest ********
We are the Derby Boys

In another thread, where Chris Mills asks about the words to a specific chant, and whilst at the Huddersfield game the other night, my 11 year old nephew asked me what the south standers were singing. (Some of which I couldn't repeat to one so young and some of which I plain didn't know).

All this made me think that I don't know all the words to all the chants/songs

And maybe, just maybe all of us other West, North and North East standers don't know them either. And that's why we're so quiet in comparison.

So I thought i'd start a thread to educate the ignorant, quiet majority (or failing that, just me!!) and get all those in the know to write out in this thread, all the existing chants.

This can only be a positive thing.

And hopefully, more singers, more of a buzz around the ground etc.

If the mods want to pin it and it could be used for new chants too then that could be good also..?

Cheers

I can assure that in the West Stand we know everything...we just chose to keep the noise down Steve McClaren can hear Simmo on the phone.

I want to know where he gets his winkers hats from, and when he was last seen wearing it.

Good questions. Need answers dammit. Same place as Paul Kitson I'm guessing, but I've heard nowt for sure.

Hark now hear

The Derby sing

The Forest ran away (they ran away)

And we will fight forever more

Because of Boxing day

Are these the right words? I've never understood the last line but I suppose a chant doesn't have to make sense for us to sing it. 

I know the rest of the songs, I just don't want to sing at home. 

Oh, and the Collymore chant is shameful. 

Hark now hear

The Derby sing

The Forest ran away (they ran away)

And we will fight forever more

Because of Boxing day?

Are these the right words? I've never understood the last line but I suppose a chant doesn't have to make sense for us to sing it. 

I know the rest of the songs, I just don't want to sing at home. 

Use to be tradition to play your local rivals on Boxing Day, I believe.

I am a Derby fan and I was not singing this, as I recall neither was anyone else sat around me.

To take what 4 or 5 schoolboys have done, after 1 too man shandies, and apply it to being Derby fans in general is ridiculous.

That is wrong. It was not 4 or 5 fans. It was at least 500

Archived