West Ham appoint Moyes

David

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rample said:

Terrible appointment. Better squad than Sunderland but I can't see him doing anything much with them. Will be ousted in January when they're still struggling.

Hopefully, Sullivan & Gold will be stubborn on their appointment and leave it until they are practically begging big Sam for a miracle around Marc/April.

Really hope they come down never taken to West Ham myself and once those lot took over with Lady Brady pretty much hoped they would crash and burn on the stadium move.

42 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Anyone else happy to see west ham get relegated this season?

Sheff Utd promoted in the same season West Ham go down? Karma.

41 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Anyone else happy to see west ham get relegated this season?

I'm happy to see them go the way of Portsmouth.

Moyes for me is a slow builder. WHam fans have delusions of grandeur and believe they are an entertaining footballing team and always should be. This has got misery written all over it for me, and gladly so.

I don't mind Moyes as a geezer, thought the backlash over "I'll gi ya a slap" was over the top. But, is he a good manager? Not in the terms WHam need one. He needs a club with low expectation so he can steadily improve.

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I really cant choose who id enjoy seeing relegated more....Leicester or west ham.

Thinking about it, probably west ham, Leicester's relegation will come in time anyway.

Got to be West Ham. Nothing against Moyes, but would just love to see that big shiny stadium fall into the Championship. 

5 hours ago, Moist One said:

I'm happy to see them go the way of Portsmouth.

Moyes for me is a slow builder. WHam fans have delusions of grandeur and believe they are an entertaining footballing team and always should be. This has got misery written all over it for me, and gladly so.

I don't mind Moyes as a geezer, thought the backlash over "I'll gi ya a slap" was over the top. But, is he a good manager? Not in the terms WHam need one. He needs a club with low expectation so he can steadily improve.

I think he will struggle at West Ham. Personally i think he needs to take a Championship team and build from there, but I find he gives the impression he thinks he is too good for this league.

Just now, 1of4 said:

Failed manager merry-go-round. Why do clubs keep employing managers from the usual group of failures?f

Probably because you can count on one hand managers who have been a success.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Failed manager merry-go-round. Why do clubs keep employing managers from the usual group of failures?f

in fairness, what makes him a failure? What is his remit at WHam? If it's mid-table obscurity, then he's not really a failure. I doubt the bestest managers in the history of the game could've kept Sunderland in the PL. His Man Utd record was better than Van Gaal but with a fraction of the outlay, and Everton was a steady rebuild from relegation battlers to Champions League challengers. Whilst perhaps not dynamite enough or sexy enough, he's certainly steady enough.

Archived