Rugby League World Cup

Van der MoodHoover

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, mozza said:

Live on BBC 1 now, we're in big trouble.. Tonga fantastic fightback 

Held them of thankfully...What a nightmare last 10 minutes though....ffs we were coasting, talk about almost throwing it away...that last tackle of the game had me covering me eyes...still it gives us another chance to have a crack at the Aussies.

Difficult on current form though, to see us ending the 45 years of pain against them. But you never know, they could have a mare....Cmon England....Later start to ?

On 25/11/2017 at 08:25, sheeponacid said:

Held them of thankfully...What a nightmare last 10 minutes though....ffs we were coasting, talk about almost throwing it away...that last tackle of the game had me covering me eyes...still it gives us another chance to have a crack at the Aussies.

Difficult on current form though, to see us ending the 45 years of pain against them. But you never know, they could have a mare....Cmon England....Later start to ?

Aussies too good for us I fear.

Loved that the Tongan crowd sang hymns during the match to inspire their team.

Ok it's time to get optimistic about beating the Aussies in the final...So this is why we're going to upset the odds on Saturday.

1) They've beaten us 12 games running, so surely it's 13th time unlucky.

2) they've won their last 12 games against all opposition so surely it's 13th time unlucky (ok it's 11 games but I'll stretch it to fit my 13th time unlucky)

3) I"d say were about 10-1 against in most people's eyes when we play them..so well overdue a win on the basis of 12 defeats on the bounce.

4) The Aussies are well overdue a stinking performance.

5) Our forwards can match them, McGillvery is on fire & maybe Bateman has just been pretending that he can't pass to Hall all tournament, for the sole reason of surprising the Aussies with a masterclass in the art of feeding your winger.

6) The pressure is all on the Aussies they can't possibly lose.

7) Everytime I think I can not see us beating them again for years to come...we manage a once in a blue moon result & I'm at that point again.

2 hours ago, sheeponacid said:

Ok it's time to get optimistic about beating the Aussies in the final...So this is why we're going to upset the odds on Saturday.

1) They've beaten us 12 games running, so surely it's 13th time unlucky.

2) they've won their last 12 games against all opposition so surely it's 13th time unlucky (ok it's 11 games but I'll stretch it to fit my 13th time unlucky)

3) I"d say were about 10-1 against in most people's eyes when we play them..so well overdue a win on the basis of 12 defeats on the bounce.

4) The Aussies are well overdue a stinking performance.

5) Our forwards can match them, McGillvery is on fire & maybe Bateman has just been pretending that he can't pass to Hall all tournament, for the sole reason of surprising the Aussies with a masterclass in the art of feeding your winger.

6) The pressure is all on the Aussies they can't possibly lose.

7) Everytime I think I can not see us beating them again for years to come...we manage a once in a blue moon result & I'm at that point again.

8)  Luke Gale is overdue a stormer.    

Thanks for the optimism. Will try to match it. And come on England ( still managed to say it )

Just now, mozza said:

Best team lost..

Agree, but we just lacked that bit of nous to get the repeat sets or the try needed to break em down...honestly believe that had we of scored we would of won it...

still Cronk, Smith, slater all due to retire so maybe a win is just around the corner.

3 minutes ago, sheeponacid said:

Agree, but we just lacked that bit of nous to get the repeat sets or the try needed to break em down...honestly believe that had we of scored we would of won it...

still Cronk, Smith, slater all due to retire so maybe a win is just around the corner.

We had 'em on the ropes most of that second half,  so frustrating.  Grrr. 

Archived