Fulham vs Derby County match day thread

DEL

We were Nugent missing a one on one away from the perfect away performance.

How many times has a team come to Pride Park, set up to limit our chances and not really care if we have the ball anywhere we can’t hurt them. ‘What a fantastic setup’ we’d say. ‘We’ve been found out, we need a plan B.’ Well Fulham had barely any chances yesterday, flashed a couple of balls across. I saw a stat that Fredericks hit something like 11 crosses. I’ve also seen posters bemoaning that we let him have the ball. Why waste a man defending someone who quite clearly can’t cross?

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realise the linesman had flagged offside in the build up to their first goal, the ref overruled it (or didn't notice ?)

Should a ref overrule a linesman on an offside decision?

33 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I saw a stat that Fredericks hit something like 11 crosses. I’ve also seen posters bemoaning that we let him have the ball. Why waste a man defending someone who quite clearly can’t cross?

I'd disagree about him not being able to cross. Their problem was that they had nobody clever enough to anticipate them and convert them. Our strikers would have had a field day with some of them crosses.

25 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I didn't realise the linesman had flagged offside in the build up to their first goal, the ref overruled it (or didn't notice ?)

Should a ref overrule a linesman on an offside decision?

He should have known the linesman had flagged because they use the flags with buttons on that send a signal to the Ref's earpiece to alert him, cost about £450 a pair.Could be the signal failed but ultimately it is down to the Ref if he accepts the decision happens a lot in local league football.....rarely at this level though.

im sure i left Craven Cottage at full time yesterday , but obviously i must of missed Fulhams winning goal , surely with all the negativity on here we must have lost yesterday didnt we? 7pts out of 9 away to norwich , leeds and fulham is excellent work boys and a big shout out to Chris Baird yesterday , he never lets us down

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

im sure i left Craven Cottage at full time yesterday , but obviously i must of missed Fulhams winning goal , surely with all the negativity on here we must have lost yesterday didnt we? 7pts out of 9 away to norwich , leeds and fulham is excellent work boys and a big shout out to Chris Baird yesterday , he never lets us down

Thank god we have some fans who understand how well we have done in recent weeks, REMEMBER all you negative fans out there, the facts say we have lost 1 in 9 games, we are a team who are starting to improve  top 6 by New Year's Eve and I will be a happy Ram.

10 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'd disagree about him not being able to cross. Their problem was that they had nobody clever enough to anticipate them and convert them. Our strikers would have had a field day with some of them crosses.

Fulham don't appear to have a recognised striker as Lucas Piazzon is injured. Fredericks was given far too much freedom. I would have played Russell on the left but I understand he has a minor injury. With three of the next four games at home I guess a draw at Fulham wasn't bad. If we can win the games against QPR,Ipswich and Burton and get something at Boro we will be in the top six and well placed for the second half of the season.

13 hours ago, nottingram said:

We were Nugent missing a one on one away from the perfect away performance.

How many times has a team come to Pride Park, set up to limit our chances and not really care if we have the ball anywhere we can’t hurt them. ‘What a fantastic setup’ we’d say. ‘We’ve been found out, we need a plan B.’ Well Fulham had barely any chances yesterday, flashed a couple of balls across. I saw a stat that Fredericks hit something like 11 crosses. I’ve also seen posters bemoaning that we let him have the ball. Why waste a man defending someone who quite clearly can’t cross?

Is wasn't that the crosses were always of poor quality - balls sent in  like that are dangerous if the forwards can anticipate and get on the end of them. No need to put a man on Fredericks specifically , just defend higher up the ;pitch and as a team.

On 19/11/2017 at 08:23, Ellafella said:

Absolutely.

Watch back the 90 minutes on DCFCTV and see how many times we relinquished possession like Fulham were taking candy off a baby. Remember the documentary of Cloughie senior training the Rams back in 1971 when all you see are his Adidas-clad white trainers and his voice booms out "Ohhh It's crap!". Well as I watched the game, that GIF was playing in my brain. We get possession in our half, one kick and it's Fulham back in possession...

This.

I can accept that being more direct possession/ball retention will suffer. But it's not even "high risk" attempted defence splitter balls  we are giving possession over with. Its real basic, low risk "going nowhere" passes that we surrender aswell. Most frustrating. 

Its wierd because as a fan it'd probably be easier to just tune in at full time and enjoy the results rather than actually watch the performances. 

If that makes sense.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Wrong topic I meant QPR

Well was thinking of fulham tonight.... I thought they couldn't hit a barn door on Saturday so surprising to see them scoring five tonight, especially against sheff u. 

Archived