Fulham vs Derby County match day thread

DEL

Thought I'd start now rather than later anyway. 

Fulham vs Derby County 

Sky Bet Championship 

Saturday 18th November 2017

Kick off at 17.30pm  (due Sky) 

Can we bounce back after today game?

Team for me I'd go for 

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh* Davies Olsson 

Huddlestone Ledley*

Russell Vydra** Johnson 

Martin 

Subs Mitchell Baird Nugent Winnall Lawrence Thorne Pearce 

The reason why I put * next to Keogh and Ledley is only if they are fit. 

** If Vydra isn't fit enough then Nugent or Winnall to take over his place. 

Hopefully away win and better performance than today. 

???

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big performance needed here, let’s get back to what got us on that run ffs. Time for a bit of balance in the team:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Thorne Ledley

Russell Vydra Johnson

Martin

Lawrence needs to be dropped until he earns his place imo, he offers nothing at the moment, if anything his constant attempts at skill slow our play down. Rest of that team is the best we have Imo, in the formation that suits us best. A proper hold up man (could be Nugent, don’t really mind which) with vydra in behind to drive forward. Thorne and ledley provides much more calm and intelligence in midfield, with those two doing the simple things right our attack can move freely. Lowe is our best left back. Johnson has been good recently, particularly on the left in away games so I’d stick with him there.

Fulham are definately beatable, so let’s take the game to them and play our style.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Brilliant hat trick by dawks wasn't it? Tremendous shot into the top corner,  a cheeky back heel and one I can't remember :lol:

Dawkins didn't scored hat trick but scored twice though and you are correct about top corner and cheeky back heel. Chris Martin Jeff Hendrick and Johnny Russell on scoresheet. :thumbsup: I think it might be to do with age thing that you can't remember. :lol::thumbsup: sorry mate lol. 

Just now, DEL said:

Dawkins didn't scored hat trick but scored twice though and you are correct about top corner and cheeky back heel. Chris Martin Jeff Hendrick and Johnny Russell on scoresheet. :thumbsup: I think it might be to do with age thing that you can't remember. :lol::thumbsup: sorry mate lol. 

The 5-2 game in the carabob cup a few years ago is still one of my favourite rams performances that I can't remember in recent seasons :thumbsup:

You got me DEL!

Carson
Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth
              Thorne Ledley
Russell         Vydra      Johnson
                    Martin

We need to sign Joe Ledley for a couple of years and go ahead with the Kieftenbeld deal in January. We're short in the middle of the park. Johnson is much better in an advanced role and doesn't work well in a deep lying two.

1 hour ago, deano180 said:

Cairney has been injured, he's there best player so hopefully this continues

Yeah hopefully stays that way, seems struggling with fitness and knees problems by the sounds of it. Another player Johansen who is also carried the injury hence he isn't in good form.

Archived