Derby County V Reading

peachmyster

1 minute ago, needles said:

What the f****** hell have I just had to suffer.

They should have some decency, get themselves organised and give this week's wages to the children ward at the Derby City Hospital.

Disgraceful.

We're set up to be compact and tight. As I said last night, Johnson can't do that role in the 2. Add in the loss of Keogh early...and anyone moaning about Keogh again can f*** off...and we were incapable of being solid. 

Then add in the fact that Rowett also picked an 'experimental' pairing up front, and Tom Lawrence isn't yet shown a shred of whatever quality he allegedly has and it turned into a f****** embarrassment.

Fozzy wants f****** for the back-pass. 

Basically .....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh. I f****** hate football.

Curtis' back pass or a different one?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Thanks a bloody lot ref you were so blind to reading fouling our player 2 pentleys to good ones yet looked away and if you blew on reading players they went down like flys freaking joke.

What a load of ballcocks.

See the wrist slitting is back again. We had a bad game, we missed Keogh and Ledley. We have two weeks to work on it before our next game, where hopefully we can correct it. Just disappointing that it came after a run of great results leading up to this point. I thought we should have started with Martin and Winnall personally. 

I didn't watch the game, I didn't listen to the game, so I won't speak about the performance, but that result was coming. The run couldn't go on forever.

It is typical Derby - getting results and building momentum, doing the hard work of winning back-to-back away games, then fluffing the easier job of winning at home against a struggling side, which would have strengthened our position in the top 6.

But thankfully, we have a game in hand, so our position in the top six is in our hands. Hopefully we use the international break to get everyone fit and raring to go and bounce back quickly.

I think today's result and performance serves to highlight a few things:

-The importance of Keogh

-The importance of developing partnerships

-If you are going to play two strikers, blend is important. They should complement each other.

-If you are chasing the game and you have one substitution remaining, use it.

-The midfield needs some serious attention. A player on a short-term contract can't be seemingly so critical to our success.

-If you are going to go down the 'horses for courses' route, understand which horse you need for which course.

-At home, we should be positive. Why no Thorne? Why no Vydra?

My view and yes I was at the game.

the injury to Keogh unsettled us, but before that we didn’t give Reading enough respect. All goals were poor, but with the 4th we were chasing the game ( the 3rd was aweful)

we were second to the ball in the first half but improved in the second. I thought the person who drove us forward was Russell who ran him self into the ground and was gutted at the end, Nugent also ran him self into the ground.

i thought we were much better in the second half but the 0-2 at half time killed us.

if we show the drive and effort that we did in the second half then we will go on another run.

glad Chris and Jonny got their goals, Tom Lawrence didn’t impress me

we missed Ledley 

mom Russell by a country mile

up and at them for the next one, strange to see all of the Derby players outside the train station at least they talked to the fans.

also the trains ? to Reading were cancelled. That will teach the cheeky b’s 

14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Thanks a bloody lot ref you were so blind to reading fouling our player 2 pentleys to good ones yet looked away and if you blew on reading players they went down like flys freaking joke.

Can’t blame the ref we deserved nothing so let’s hope we get all that rubbish out of the way for the next game 

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What freaking game were watching the ref gave them everything did sod all to them. Booked players for sodd all.

Gary Rowett could have reffed the game today and it wouldn't have changed the result. 

Bad day at the office.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Can’t blame the ref we deserved nothing so let’s hope we get all that rubbish out of the way for the next game 

Oh cant I he cost us three points today

How about time wasting

How about there goal keeper pushing chris martin and throwing ball at him all he gets a yellow card should been a red card.

7 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

My view and yes I was at the game.

the injury to Keogh unsettled us, but before that we didn’t give Reading enough respect. All goals were poor, but with the 4th we were chasing the game ( the 3rd was aweful)

we were second to the ball in the first half but improved in the second. I thought the person who drove us forward was Russell who ran him self into the ground and was gutted at the end, Nugent also ran him self into the ground.

i thought we were much better in the second half but the 0-2 at half time killed us.

if we show the drive and effort that we did in the second half then we will go on another run.

glad Chris and Jonny got their goals, Tom Lawrence didn’t impress me

we missed Ledley 

mom Russell by a country mile

up and at them for the next one, strange to see all of the Derby players outside the train station at least they talked to the fans.

also the trains ? to Reading were cancelled. That will teach the cheeky b’s 

Woodley  I know its about opinions but did you really go Russell MoM I thought he was terrible only Lawrence saved him from being the worst player on the pitch 

Team selection was wrong. Too much tinkering.

nugent proved that he can't play the no10 role and had no intention of playing the no 10 role, constantly breaking forward leaving a big hole in midfield. Winnall was arguing with him, trying to get him to play deeper but he wouldn't. 

We missed Ledley in the holding role too, and sacrificed Johnson from the attacking 3.

Rowett could have changed it by moving lawrence or johnson or bringing on vydra. Did nothing. 

Totally agree with ramage that players shouldn't be on the bench if they aren't really fit and available for selection.

This was a game where our limited midfield options were exposed.

still did nothing to change it at half time.

keogh going off was a blow. Davies at fault for goals 2 and 3, and Pearce was criminally negligent for no4 - actually moved away from the attacker leaving him unmarked 6 yards out.

The only positive was that martin scored to get that monkey off his back. 

Johnson might have scored too so it could have been closer, but that one goes down to gary rowett as much as to the error prone defenders.

Archived