Gambling report

Mafiabob

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was too early for me to listen. Anyway I can hear it?

Think you'll be able to hear it on BBC website I was on from about 610

Had a unbelievable response...... had 5 radio stations contact me today..... I've done one already.... and got two tomorrow morning. I'm in studio at Radio Derby on Ian's Skye show if anyone is interested to listen. 

I'm actually worn out..... never knew a guy vlogging about his gambling addiction would be so interesting to be shared on a larger scale, yeah I've ridden on the coattails of the report..... but still.... 

• 3 months later...

Makes you wonder how they managed to profit £1.2m in winnings, my mate has his account frozen until he's verified his details after  a roulette profits of more than £1000. Last time they told him that his driving licence was not a valid form of ID to confirm his name/address. Took him around 3 weeks to finally get the money, probably cost him that in phone calls to their call centre. They don't like losing bookies.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Makes you wonder how they managed to profit £1.2m in winnings, my mate has his account frozen until he's verified his details after  a roulette profits of more than £1000. Last time they told him that his driving licence was not a valid form of ID to confirm his name/address. Took him around 3 weeks to finally get the money, probably cost him that in phone calls to their call centre. They don't like losing bookies.

Reverse withdrawal a monster as well online. Why should it take 3 days to withdraw your own cash?

Theyll be bigger fines on the way as well..... this is the tip of an iceberg......

Fines goes to GambleAware..... finally getting the finances needed to help slow down gambling harm. 

22 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Why should it take 3 days to withdraw your own cash?

Can tell you haven't bet in a while! :)

SkyBet with certain banks you have your money within a couple hours of withdrawing, I'm with Barclays and it's almost instant.

Bet365 if you deposit with PayPal again the withdrawal process takes a couple hours, PayPal into your bank is instant now as well.

20 minutes ago, David said:

Can tell you haven't bet in a while! :)

SkyBet with certain banks you have your money within a couple hours of withdrawing, I'm with Barclays and it's almost instant.

Bet365 if you deposit with PayPal again the withdrawal process takes a couple hours, PayPal into your bank is instant now as well.

Nice to know that, some of the ones I debate with moan that they reverse withdraw and it makes them gamble more..... annoys me that folk don’t want to blame everyone but themselves. 

On 20/02/2018 at 10:21, Mafiabob said:

Reverse withdrawal a monster as well online. Why should it take 3 days to withdraw your own cash?

Theyll be bigger fines on the way as well..... this is the tip of an iceberg......

Fines goes to GambleAware..... finally getting the finances needed to help slow down gambling harm. 

I'm a bit confused about your stance on gambling.

You seem to say it's the gambler that is the problem but also seem to take pops at the gambling establishments also?

In terms of being able to withdraw cash, if gamblers want instant access use a high street bookmakers?

40 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm a bit confused about your stance on gambling.

You seem to say it's the gambler that is the problem but also seem to take pops at the gambling establishments also?

In terms of being able to withdraw cash, if gamblers want instant access use a high street bookmakers?

Why should someone have to wait for money they have won? 

100 percent agree though, fully down to the gambler itbis there responsibility. Doesn’t mean industry could possibly help out more in a financial sense, as in funding for more help and education. 

Like I say, we can chuck as many barriers as possible..... if the gambler carries on blaming everyone and everything else, they will not recover.

There is some in industry however, who pay lip service to GambmeAware.

Archived