Leeds United V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin and Nugent tonight, for me. Think they're both intelligent players, which is important away from home. Need to make the most of the chances we've got, in those two players I think you've got experienced heads who very rarely make the wrong decision.

I love Vydra but his decision making can be shocking, sometimes he's really wasteful on the ball. He'll open up right into a defender or try a pass off balance that he was never going to make. Sometimes it comes off and he looks like the best player on the pitch, but I'll take the consistency of Nuge and Martin away at Elland Road.

Expect Nuge to be taken off after an hour regardless for one of Winall or Vydra, just to give him some sort of rest.

Rest of the team probably unchanged. Anyone noticed how much he loves Johnson? Started every league game he could start apart from Wednesday I think, after he was coming back from the suspension.

Nugent and Johnson were both selected for interviews on the club website. May be reading too much into it but that suggests to me that they will both be starting. Hope so as I've predicted Nugent as FRGS! May have to do some frantic pre-match editing on the prediction thread if I'm wrong :D.

7 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Nugent and Johnson were both selected for interviews on the club website. May be reading too much into it but that suggests to me that they will both be starting. Hope so as I've predicted Nugent as FRGS! May have to do some frantic pre-match editing on the prediction thread if I'm wrong :D.

Got to start Nugent for me. He’s in great form. If he gets knackered take him off. Him and Martin then swop with Winnall when needed 

Big test tonight and Leeds have had the extra days rest .

if this was a Saturday fixture I would've gone with same starting 11 but because is only a couple days since last match  it wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of changes as it may be a real test for the older players to recover enough ...saying that I would not leave Ledley out as he has been superb since signing ...nervous about this one but if we get anything I'll be delighted ...COYR??

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

We can only play Martin if Rowett has told the team to push up and not leave him up top on his own, he needs players around him to either draw defenders away or to collect his clever flicks and lay offs.

He’ll be in the number 10 I would imagine, should have men around him there.

Tough game but we are starting to improve and are getting things right defensively, the attacking element of our play still needs to fully click but there's been gradual signs of improvement. Rowett has a few tough choices tonight, I feel he may drop Vydra to the bench and go with either Wynall or Russell (if he's back) would love to see Martin get the nod with Nuge but I think GR will want a player with a high work rate for this game and maybe introduce Martin around 65 mins if we are struggling.

Happy with a draw, a win would be great!

On 30/10/2017 at 07:38, David said:

Saturday the second half performance was much better, with Leeds having an extra day of recovery and Nugent no spring chicken I would be looking at Martin behind Winnall up top.

Great minds think a like :whistle:

Archived