Sheff Utd

Day

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

They play to win games, hence their lack of draws.

That’s the sort of attitude which gets you promoted from the Championship.

It's what any smart manager would insist on from his team, in nearly all circumstances, given that there are 3 points for a win and only 1 for draw. Not sure that's what Sheff Utd are doing, I'll take your word for it, but it is what every team should do.  What's amazing is that so many managers seem to settle for 1 point in matches.

50 minutes ago, Highgate said:

It's what any smart manager would insist on from his team, in nearly all circumstances, given that there are 3 points for a win and only 1 for draw. Not sure that's what Sheff Utd are doing, I'll take your word for it, but it is what every team should do.  What's amazing is that so many managers seem to settle for 1 point in matches.

Better to loose 2 and win one, than draw three. 

Alghough, ironically, if your unbeaten in 3, you’re job is pretty much safe, but if you’ve lost 2 in a row, you’re in trouble, as a manager. Maybe that’s why they prefer to play for draws. 

On 27/10/2017 at 21:52, David said:

Momentum is with them, 11 players full of confidence. Not a big money wow signing amongst them. Top of the league.

You can throw Derby in this but many clubs and fans can learn a valuable lesson from Sheffield United.

Can they keep it up? Why not. Burnley, Bournemouth and Huddersfield were tipped for a collapse, they wouldn’t keep it up.

Where are they now.

Did tipped them as dark horse and people laughed at me at the time but who is laughing now though? 

On 28/10/2017 at 07:11, coneheadjohn said:

Delighted for them,they deserve it too.

Squad assembled cheaply on low wages playing good football,good to watch.

Thoroughly deserved to beat Leeds.

Thoroughly deserved to beat us to,hope we play on the front foot like that at Leeds.

The contrast at work between the Owls and the Blades is amazing.

From what I seen on Rams TV that day they deserved the win yes.

On 28/10/2017 at 07:34, David said:

Lucky to beat us, gifted them 3 goals on a plate, didn’t have to do anything else all game

Lucky? They outplayed us that day from what I can remember  (watched on Rams TV while on holiday) we were awful grrr.

On 28/10/2017 at 08:50, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

And yet IF we win our games in hand we would only be 5 points behind them.

Big ifs 

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

We’ll finish above them, you watch

Let us know in May.

On 10/28/2017 at 14:04, Highgate said:

I don't think some realise it isn't 2 points for a win any more.

11 hours ago, DEL said:

Did tipped them as dark horse and people laughed at me at the time but who is laughing now though? 

Let us know in May.

How can you say who is laughing now about them being dark horses, then say to someone else to come back in May with their prediction? They have had a good start but before you start giving yourself a pat on the back, maybe wait until May ;)

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 14:56, TigerTedd said:

Alghough, ironically, if your unbeaten in 3, you’re job is pretty much safe, but if you’ve lost 2 in a row, you’re in trouble, as a manager. Maybe that’s why they prefer to play for draws. 

Might be - depending on goal difference. But you'd be on same points:)

On 28/10/2017 at 14:56, TigerTedd said:

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Might be - depending on goal difference. But you'd be on same points:)

Or worse off of course on goal difference. I reckon given a choice i'd take the 3 points from the 3 draws.

Archived