24/10/17 - Supporters Charter Meeting Minutes

Day

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

He says GR was under pressure to get us in the play offs last season, if that was the target why on earth did we sack the manager with the highest win % in a long time?

He didn't say that he was under pressure from him. The fact that we were in with a chance of the play offs almost inevitably meant we had to go for it (what would fans have said if we'd just thrown in the towel?),and as such Gary had to concentrate on results rather than experimenting.It was this that would have made Gary feel under pressure to get results whilst the chance of play offs was still there.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ramblur said:

He didn't say that he was under pressure from him. The fact that we were in with a chance of the play offs almost inevitably meant we had to go for it (what would fans have said if we'd just thrown in the towel?),and as such Gary had to concentrate on results rather than experimenting.It was this that would have made Gary feel under pressure to get results whilst the chance of play offs was still there.

I was not at the meeting but I have obviously interpreted what was said differently to you.

Perhaps @Boycie could confirm?

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I was not at the meeting but I have obviously interpreted what was said differently to you.

Perhaps @Boycie could confirm?

From what I remember, I think MM said that GR had a free hit. He did build momentum and get to the edge of the playoffs but it wasn’t to be, I don’t remember him saying that not getting the playoffs was a massive disappointment or that getting the play offs was a important target in the few games he had left.

I feel he changed manager because he couldn’t see a good out come with the one he’d got.  Who wouldn’t of brought Mac back if there was a chance he could of finished what he’d started before his head was turned for Newcastle?

For what it’s worth, not much I agree, but my opinion on why Mac failed was that since we lost at Wembley, all the squad got a pay rise to keep them together. Some got premiership money to keep them here. Maybe motivation was harder for them when they’d maybe got the reward in wages but actually not got the Prem?

There may be a video of the meeting anyway, I’m not sure.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

From what I remember, I think MM said that GR had a free hit. He did build momentum and get to the edge of the playoffs but it wasn’t to be, I don’t remember him saying that not getting the playoffs was a massive disappointment or that getting the play offs was a important target in the few games he had left.

I feel he changed manager because he couldn’t see a good out come with the one he’d got.  Who wouldn’t of brought Mac back if there was a chance he could of finished what he’d started before his head was turned for Newcastle?

For what it’s worth, not much I agree, but my opinion on why Mac failed was that since we lost at Wembley, all the squad got a pay rise to keep them together. Some got premiership money to keep them here. Maybe motivation was harder for them when they’d maybe got the reward in wages but actually not got the Prem?

There may be a video of the meeting anyway, I’m not sure.

The minutes say he was under pressure to get us in  the play offs although does not say who from.

Based on  what you have said it would seem @ramblur had the correct interpretation of what that meant.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Not sure about Mels opinion though? 

?

Was you even awake at this forum?

Come to think of it was you even there?

Or are you just submitting bogus expense claims to DCFCfans?

If sausages appear on  your claim serious questions will need to be asked.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How very dare you!

i take my responsibility very seriously!

even though there was no gluten free options on the free food provided. I still did a fair and truthful scribble of key points in my pink polka dot note pad I nicked off my daughter.

There was a lot to like in there, but MM stating that the Forest game was a 'must win' made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Don't really like the idea that GR is being put under that much pressure so early on in this season. Perhaps that's just me getting Paul Clement/Nigel Pearson flashbacks too easily.

Really appreciate that he is allowing Owen Bradley to ask proper questions as well. RamsTV could very easily become just a mouthpiece for the club, rather than a balanced bit of media. Only time will tell on this, I suppose, but the future looks bright. 

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I wondered that too ?. I mean, I looked at the the list of people present and thought “ i’m sure @David said that DCFCfans was being represented by @Boycie“ but there was no one of that name on the list 

7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Serious question @Boycie, is that you in the photo for your avatar? I know some have photos of themselves, others relating to their user name (no, I’m not Mick Coop ?). Years ago wasn’t there a thread where members explained their user name or photo?

Yes I know a few have thought the picture is from the front cover of GQ, but it’s actually me.

Archived