Smoking

Angry Ram

Smoked a little when younger. When you've not had one for ages it's gorgeous, but  if you're puffing away all the time your tastebuds are killed off and it's much more habit than pleasure.

So my solution is that I sometimes smoke in my dreams, which is great because I know Ive not had one for ever and it just tastes fab, but it never does me any harm. And wouldn't annoy Angry if I met him!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Cutters Choice extra fine man me, been thinking about packing it in but I’m scared to death it’ll turn me into a judgemental nob with a superiority complex. ? 

Reading through this I doubt you would turn into a judgemental nob due to you knowing what it is like to smoke. Since I packed in my nose has become like a bloodhounds and I can sniff out someone smoking from several miles away.

On 27/10/2017 at 13:51, Angry Ram said:

Come on fess up.. Always have? Never have? Reformed?

Never have myself, hate it with a passion. Why do you want to smell like that? 

Both my mum and dad were chain smokers and I can remember sitting in the back of the car absolutely gasping for fresh air. Never felt the urge, never went out with a bird that smoked either. 

I see more young girls smoking now but less boys.. Maybe just me but girls look minging holding a fag.

If you have reformed are you like a born again christian?

Angry why would your mum and dad smoke a chain !

5 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Enough things trying to kill us without subjecting myself to a slow painful death.

Having said that don’t agree with criminalising smokers either.

If it’s so bad make it illegal or chill out a bit.

Its very difficult, really should be made illegal because of the amount of damage it does but sadly never going to happen as tobacco companies have too much power and governments dont want to give up the income from taxes generated.

People who chose to smoke should be able to, but without impacting others. Unfortunately I am not very tolerant of those that do smoke, being asthmatic its not great when you are subjected to second hand cigarette smoke, even outside.

There is also evidence that exposure to benzene causes the type of blood cancer I have, and while I accept the damage was probably done when i was young at home, in grandparents homes, in aunts and uncles homes, pubs, clubs etc i do look back and think when i was young people didnt understand the damage it causes the same as it does today, so i do have a clouded opinion of those that do smoke who know full well their second hand smoke can cause health problems for others but continue to do it in areas that people may be affected by it.

So I think, if you want to smoke fine, but do it an adequate distance from anyone who may not want to be affected by the smoke your are passing on.

On 27/10/2017 at 17:27, Paul71 said:
On 27/10/2017 at 17:50, Steve How Hard? said:

Delighted to say they are having a crackdown on this and general littering where I live at the moment. There are enforcement officers with bodycams on who are issuing on the spot fines. There was a story in the local paper just this week about a chap refusing to pay a £75 fine for discarding a cigarette butt. His excuse was that there was no signs up or advertisements telling him about this. What a numpty. Littering is littering regardless. 

I am sure its not all smokers, but a lot are not considerate at all, you see so many cigarette ends around pub doorways and on the street, my old office where i worked the back yard was disgusting for it.

Furthermore to the crackdown they've had in my local area. The local paper has reported that 359 fixed penalty notices have been issued in the first week. £27000 worth of fines. That's some crackdown. Good on em I say. 

Archived