Smoking

Angry Ram

Never smoked, hate it. Grew up with it, mum and dad smoked, must have smoked lots of ciggys in 2nd hand smoke over the years. They stopped along time ago though.

Love the fact people cant smoke in pubs and restaurants etc now, hate that they smoke in doorways.

I am sure its not all smokers, but a lot are not considerate at all, you see so many cigarette ends around pub doorways and on the street, my old office where i worked the back yard was disgusting for it.

What I hate most is when you go abroad on holiday and the laws are a little more relaxed, restaurants that arent totally enclosed smoking seems ok and people seem to think its fine to light up as you are eating and it always seems to drift in the direction of non smokers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I am sure its not all smokers, but a lot are not considerate at all, you see so many cigarette ends around pub doorways and on the street, my old office where i worked the back yard was disgusting for it.

Delighted to say they are having a crackdown on this and general littering where I live at the moment. There are enforcement officers with bodycams on who are issuing on the spot fines. There was a story in the local paper just this week about a chap refusing to pay a £75 fine for discarding a cigarette butt. His excuse was that there was no signs up or advertisements telling him about this. What a numpty. Littering is littering regardless. 

Never even tried it, hate it with a passion it smells disgusting. Don’t understand why anyone would ever would do it, I don’t get it. And as for vaping, when I walk behind someone who blows a enormous cloud of strawberry cream I want to punch their lights out..... 

Never smoked, OK I tried it once when I was ten but didn't like it. Grew up in a family of smokers, never heard of second or even third hand smoking back then. Dad knew it was time to redecorate the living room, when the walls and ceiling had turn a nice shade of brown. All my friends from when I was at school smoked, they used to cadge money of me so they could buy a pack of five Park Drive from the newsagent on the way to school. If I didn't have any money, they use to get the newsagent special two cigarettes and a couple of matches.

Don't mind people smoking as long as they do it sensibly so as to not annoy others around them. It is a drug after all and I feel sorry for those who are addicted to it.

Its these vaping idiots that stand in the middle of a group of people blowing large clouds of vapour over everyone and think its acceptable because it isn't tobacco smoke, that really piss me off.

8 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Never smoked, OK I tried it once when I was ten but didn't like it. Grew up in a family of smokers, never heard of second or even third hand smoking back then. Dad knew it was time to redecorate the living room, when the walls and ceiling had turn a nice shade of brown. All my friends from when I was at school smoked, they used to cadge money of me so they could buy a pack of five Park Drive from the newsagent on the way to school. If I didn't have any money, they use to get the newsagent special two cigarettes and a couple of matches.

Don't mind people smoking as long as they do it sensibly so as to not annoy others around them. It is a drug after all and I feel sorry for those who are addicted to it.

Its these vaping idiots that stand in the middle of a group of people blowing large clouds of vapour over everyone and think its acceptable because it isn't tobacco smoke, that really piss me off.

I get this upto a point, but even today 17% of people aged 17-24 smoke. Thats 'new' people smoking who should know better and since bans have been introduced etc etc.

Years ago it was made to look cool, advertising was done in a way that did this, but what seriously attracts younger people to it today? It doesnt look cool, quite the opposite, it drains your bank account, it makes you smell, it is destroying your health....I just dont get .

And on your point of vaping i get that to a degree for people trying to stop, but it does smell awful too, and younger people doing that, whats that all about? it looks less cool than smoking.

If I went out with a mullett and dressed in a pair of my dads old flares and a kipper tie on i'd look cooler than any one doing any of these things.

I'm 'giving up' on and off for the last year or so. Went 3 months without...

Only have 5/6 a day.. it's tough because i (at least think!!) enjoy it. Some of my mates smoke and I can't imagine going on a big night out without a deck in my pocket, or a day out at the football. Cigarette and a cup of tea/coffee on the balcony on a crisp autumn morning - lovely... It's all the addiction talking I know.

Just now, alexxxxx said:

Only have 5/6 a day.. it's tough because i (at least think!!) enjoy it. Some of my mates smoke and I can't imagine going on a big night out without a deck in my pocket, or a day out at the football. Cigarette and a cup of tea/coffee on the balcony on a crisp autumn morning - lovely... It's all the addiction talking I know.

Yes idylic scene, all that fresh air...:whistle:

6 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

It is all about habits. When I first started smoking I would only smoke at work or out drinking. It was just a case of right it is this time and I have done this, fag break at work. To stop I had to change my routine so I didn't think right fag time. Changing jobs helped big time.

As a kid I smoked, until I read some of the ingrediants, here are a few:

Acetone – found in nail polish remover

Acetic Acid –  an ingredient in hair dye

Ammonia – a common household cleaner

Arsenic – used in rat poison

Benzene – found in rubber cement

Butane – used in lighter fluid

Cadmium – active component in battery acid

Carbon Monoxide – released in car exhaust fumes

Formaldehyde – embalming fluid

Hexamine – found in barbecue lighter fluid

Lead – used in batteries

Naphthalene – an ingredient in mothballs

Methanol – a main component in rocket fuel

Nicotine – used as insecticide

Tar – material for paving roads

Toluene - used to manufacture paint

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

Lead – used in batteries

And thats just the good stuff !

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

Lead – used in batteries

£8 a pack is a bargain when you put it like that.

6 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

Always find that someone who smokes is a pretty good indication of a loser.

I lost 60k gambling, and never smoked...... 

Archived