Smoking

Angry Ram

Come on fess up.. Always have? Never have? Reformed?

Never have myself, hate it with a passion. Why do you want to smell like that? 

Both my mum and dad were chain smokers and I can remember sitting in the back of the car absolutely gasping for fresh air. Never felt the urge, never went out with a bird that smoked either. 

I see more young girls smoking now but less boys.. Maybe just me but girls look minging holding a fag.

If you have reformed are you like a born again christian?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Both my mum and dad were chain smokers and I can remember sitting in the back of the car absolutely gasping for fresh air. Never felt the urge, never went out with a bird that smoked either. 

I see more young girls smoking now but less boys.. Maybe just me but girls look minging holding a fag.

Pretty much echo most of those sentiments apart from the never been out with a lass that smoked. I'm afraid I've always been too shallow to stick to my principles and turn away pretty ladies that smoked. 

Never have, but oddly perhaps I don't mind the smell, in fact sometimes I find it comforting.

My grandparents were/are prolific chain smokers, so their house reeks of smoke. All my favourite childhood memories of being in their house have that aroma attached to them.  :huh:

6 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Never have, but oddly perhaps I don't mind the smell, in fact sometimes I find it comforting.

My grandparents were/are prolific chain smokers, so their house reeks of smoke. All my favourite childhood memories of being in their house have that aroma attached to them.  :huh:

25gx94m.jpg

I've smoked on & off for the last 25 years. Most of that time as an occasional/social/when out drinking kind of smoker and have stopped for 2-3 years at a time in the past but I now get through more than I ever have done before.

This is mainly because I was always a secret smoker (amongst my wife, family & work people, that is) and so it was pretty much self-limiting. That changed on our last trip to the USA and it became a bit of a regular bonding thing with my father in law that we'd go outside for a smoke while the women gossipped indoors in the evening. Anyway, the fact that I'm now an "out" smoker - and Mrs Wolfie doesn't mind - has meant that the opportunities to light up have multiplied.

I don't smoke in front of my daughter, though.

I will give up soon, though. Honest.....

45 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I've smoked on & off for the last 25 years. Most of that time as an occasional/social/when out drinking kind of smoker and have stopped for 2-3 years at a time in the past but I now get through more than I ever have done before.

This is mainly because I was always a secret smoker (amongst my wife, family & work people, that is) and so it was pretty much self-limiting. That changed on our last trip to the USA and it became a bit of a regular bonding thing with my father in law that we'd go outside for a smoke while the women gossipped indoors in the evening. Anyway, the fact that I'm now an "out" smoker - and Mrs Wolfie doesn't mind - has meant that the opportunities to light up have multiplied.

I don't smoke in front of my daughter, though.

I will give up soon, though. Honest.....

I don't think it's possible to be a secret smoker.. You might think you are being secret but non-smokers will have you pegged in a second.

The smell on you and your clothes will betray you every time.

39 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I don't think it's possible to be a secret smoker.. You might think you are being secret but non-smokers will have you pegged in a second.

The smell on you and your clothes will betray you every time.

I mostly smoked when I was with mates, some of which smoked, so I could always blame them.

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Me never. 

My grandfather yes (you can actually see it in my new profile picture on Twitter)

My two brothers yes and still continue. 

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I smoked up to January this year. I now can say I don't smoke and it doesn't bother me. I never thought I'd get to this point. 

I have got one massive f*** off Romeo & Juliet Cuban cigar which I bought in cuba which I am saving for the day we get promoted to the premier league. 

Archived