Billy Davies wants the Rangers job

Day

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

It’s odd, because his reputation must be that seriously damaged, there has to be things going on that are not in the public domain. 

He is a decent manager, better than some who are in the championship at the moment. I cannot believe a league 1/2 team have not come sniffing round him, or whether or not he won’t entertain anything lower than Championship standard. 

The fact he hasn’t had a job since Forest is Strange to me, his record at this level is pretty bloody good, regardless of whether he is a **** or not 

He interviewed for the Hearts job and here is a summary from Davies himself;

"I gave them a wonderful presentation.

"But the tricky bit came when I put the staffing structure to them.

"Contrary to reports I did not ask for the removal of Craig Levein.

"I get on well with Craig and was happy to work with Craig. I just identified a different remit for him that I felt would be good for our working relationship."

Correct me if I am wrong but if you go in to an interview and tell the person who will be hiring you that you want to change their remit and move them somewhere else for the sake of a working relationship (before such a relationship has even started) then you are a complete idiot.

It's not a conspiracy, he has ideas well above his station and is almost universally considered difficult to work with. He of course lacks the required self awareness to see that he is the problem as opposed to everyone else on the planet.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

"I get on well with Craig and was happy to work with Craig. I just identified a different remit for him that I felt would be good for our working relationship."

Correct me if I am wrong but if you go in to an interview and tell the person who will be hiring you that you want to change their remit and move them somewhere else for the sake of a working relationship (before such a relationship has even started) then you are a complete idiot.

It's not a conspiracy, he has ideas well above his station and is almost universally considered difficult to work with. He of course lacks the required self awareness to see that he is the problem as opposed to everyone else on the planet.

Not uncommon on here either :whistle:

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Craig Levein was DoF at Hearts, presumably meaning he had a leading role in terms of their system/ideals and transfer policy.

Billy probably wanted to be judged on his terms, with his backroom staff and his signings.

I’m a big fan of the DoF or club identity ideal. But I’m sure there are numerous managers out there who’d want to implement their own style as they’re confortable with what works for them.

Billy has played percentage football throughout his career. Considering his record, it’s what works for him.

He probably explained that at Hearts during his interview. But if they had another idea under Levein which would make Billy’s job harder, then there is obviously a disagreement there.

BD can’t afford to do a bad job and receive an early sacking in his next managerial role, if he ever does get employed again.

kim yong un wouldn't have launched his missile if billy davies had got the Hearts job.

He will continue to fire them off until billy davies gets a top job.

Some call it a smear campaign. Others would just call it an honest reference. 

‘17 clubs have been told to steer clear of him’ by past employers I imagine, when he’s applied for a job, and the new potential employers have asked old employers for a reference. What are they supposed to say? He was a total joy to work with, wed have him back in a heartbeat. You can’t lie on a reference, that would be unethical. 

“I know where I belong in the game, I know where I should be managing. No smear campaign, lies, maliciousness – whatever you want to call it – is going to drive me down to a lower level of football.

“A smear campaign has driven me away. For whatever reason, they have decided to take away from me something that I love. They have put my career on pause. But I’ll be back soon. I don’t think there is any doubt that one day I will be back at the top of football.”

The man really does have mental issues.

Archived