Billy Davies wants the Rangers job

Day

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Derek mcinnes favourite with the bookies to get the job - according to SSN. 

I'll see what reaction Mciness gets at Pittodrie tomorrow. A good one might make him stay, some boo's might see him move towards Ibrox.

It's a no brainer for Rangers, but Derek might look towards the board room and not fancy it at the moment.

I'm not sure they could afford compensation. 

5 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I'll see what reaction Mciness gets at Pittodrie tomorrow. A good one might make him stay, some boo's might see him move towards Ibrox.

It's a no brainer for Rangers, but Derek might look towards the board room and not fancy it at the moment.

I'm not sure they could afford compensation. 

Done pretty well with the Dons hasn't he?

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Done pretty well with the Dons hasn't he?

Really well but there's a feeling that he may of taken them as far he can, and that the club still hasn't got planning permission for new training facilities that he says are a must.

He might just think that the time is right to move, someone has to make a good stab at the job at Ibrox eventually.

Realistically, unless he wins some trophies, the best move into England will be mid championship and we know what the shelf life is on those jobs. 

Anyway, it's my first game at Pittodrie for years today,  so it will be good to see how it compares to the weekly fare on offer at Pride park. 

On 10/27/2017 at 15:39, Boycie said:

I bet Ned Kelly doesn’t know whether to stick or twist at the mo

Probably wearing a big metal helmet.

On 10/27/2017 at 15:14, ramsbottom said:

Nobody in the UK will touch him with a barge poll...He really needs to consider f***ing off abroad if he ever wants a job again.  I suggest Antarctica!!!

Lilliput

It does make me smile to think that Davies' last match as a manager is still Derby 5 Forest 0. I hope it burns him up the longer he goes without a job.

Needs to realise his stock is so damaged he needs to drop a level to rebuild his reputation. Pitching for Rangers is just embarrassing.

He should get a job at a "big club" in league 1 or 2 and try and rebuild his reputation . someone like cov or pompey. Get them promoted and doors will open.

Hate the bloke, loved him during the promotion season. Just like Warnock he knows his way around this level.

From all the sackings he's had I bet he's still commanding a fairly decent compensated weekly wage as we speak.

He clearly sees himself as too big to manage below Championship level, but it has reached the stage where there are so many managers doing the rounds it would be very hard for him to get a look-in.

Numerous managers from abroad and ones who are currently out of work, any solid-sized Championship club like Birmingham recently probably had the pick of numerous managers before even thinking of wee Billy.

It’s odd, because his reputation must be that seriously damaged, there has to be things going on that are not in the public domain. 

He is a decent manager, better than some who are in the championship at the moment. I cannot believe a league 1/2 team have not come sniffing round him, or whether or not he won’t entertain anything lower than Championship standard. 

The fact he hasn’t had a job since Forest is Strange to me, his record at this level is pretty bloody good, regardless of whether he is a **** or not 

Archived