RamsTV: The Review Show

Ellafella

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a fan or 2 would be a good thing @Ellafella, and those that are questioning it due to RD talk in, tweets etc, I believe a lot of those opinions wouldn't be as OTT and have a more reasoned approach when you can see their face and they lose that anonymity that they can hide behind.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

I think a fan or 2 would be a good thing @Ellafella, and those that are questioning it due to RD talk in, tweets etc, I believe a lot of those opinions wouldn't be as OTT and have a more reasoned approach when you can see their face and they lose that anonymity that they can hide behind.

Very good point @rynny Indeed. I think Dcfc TV could actually "raise the bar" in terms of the standard of fan contribution by involving fans more. I think there are lots of fans who could make telling contributions. I've met plenty who have really valid views. 

7 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

We could do it together.. Your dry sense of humour and me being me.. :thumbsup:

We could be the next big thing.. Laurel and Hardy, Morcambe and Wise.. Sooty & Sweep.

The great advantage of Sooty and Sweep is that they didn’t speak!

3 hours ago, DC-1975 said:

Isn't the review show just our own version of Match of the Day? Highlights and analysis of the game. I don't see the need for fans views.

I'm sure they could make room for a 'fans show', but would the club really want the 'Rowett Out', 'It's all Mel's fault' brigade on its own TV station? These are the fans that feel the need to air their views on these type of shows.

Are we not analysts too? If you pr1ck us, do we not bleed?  If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? Fans are the true analysts...

And of course, there would need to be certain "criteria" so that anti-club, anti-manager, anti-owner, anti-player rhetoric would not be allowed. MotD have fans' views...it's the best part of the show. :mellow:

7 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'd like to see something similar to Sunday Supplement on Sky.

A couple of fans, ex pros, outside media such as Radio Derby and the DET and maybe background club staff like Vicars and Pearce and the Det, and the host.

Round table discussion of recent news, the opportunity for fans to pick the brains of those present, and maybe gain a better understanding of what happens on the pitch.

For instance, how many times do you see something baffling on the pitch that you wouldn't expect kids to do,the pros present may be able to shed light on it, explain why it's happened, that the layman might well have missed.

I wouldn't get to bogged down in the analysis though, mostly just a chat on all things Derby, and the wider football world that impacts us.

Not too often either, maybe broadcast the odd show in international breaks to keep things ticking over.

Great suggestion.

I've always liked the set up of Sunday Supplement. Something like this, but with a mix of ex-players, fans, media etc, would be great to watch!

Can't have fan involvement. The old "mouthpiece of the club" or "Mel has told them what to say" would get trotted out every time they opened their mouths and made a positive, constructive comment and didn't just shout "FORWARD!!" as loud as possible to every possible question asked.

Amazing how "GET IT FORWARD" can solve all of dcfcs "problems".

Fans opinions should be kept to forums, the terraces and the pub. Or in some cases, kept to themselves.

15 minutes ago, KBB said:

Can't have fan involvement. The old "mouthpiece of the club" or "Mel has told them what to say" would get trotted out every time they opened their mouths and made a positive, constructive comment and didn't just shout "FORWARD!!" as loud as possible to every possible question asked.

Fans opinions should be kept to forums, the terraces and the pub. Or in some cases, kept to themselves.

Agreeing with this, even though for a bit different reasons.

Fans could be involved when you are developing something new, I mean like co-creation approach. But let the professionalists do their work otherwise.

Edit.

Let ramspolls do his own ramsfanstv:preview. Those who don't get enough fans view can put it on repeat.

18 minutes ago, KBB said:

I don't mean the same fans every week. I think different fans would appear from different "demographics" from week to week. That way you get new and different faces every time so people don't get "stale" and repetitive. I think fans should be positive when there are genuinely positive things to say, but also they should also be able to say what they might not be so positive about. Many are currently saying that the "pre-match" music is just too strong and is stifling the build-up of any "natural" fan-constructed atmosphere. There might be a point there. Then again, there are some who are saying that too often the "fan-constructed" atmosphere is just plain absent which is why the loud music and "ticker-tape/flag-waving" has been generated by the Club. That's just a small example, but is part  and parcel of the debate about the football match at Pride Park and about which fans are clearly stakeholders. @OwenB87 has said there will be a development of fan involvement but not on the Review programme so, we'll see how that unfolds. For me though, 2 former players (great though they are) and a fan/journalist (very professional and highly competent though he is) discussing the game is just too derived and "samey". And that's not to say that DCFCTV isn't extremely good and very polished and professional, because I think it is. 

I'm going to guess here and say whilst having fans on RamsTV might sound great, could actually be problematic.

You could have the best opinions in football like myself (ahem), but soon as you jump in front of a camera you could crumble, turn into a blundering mess. With the club on some weeks having to put out 2 Preview and Review shows in a short space of time. Recording and editing I would imagine is run on a tight schedule.

I also remember talking with Owen on the podcast once, mentioned how there would be a few crazy moments before going on air where they get out all the naughty words from the system so they don't blurt out on air.

That's why I have and always will defend commentators/presenters, remaining professional, especially live is no easy task, even more so when you're a fan going through the same emotions as we in the stands or sofas are.

Ed Dawes not getting up and bouncing when we're beating Forest 2-0 must be insanely difficult, 25 seconds in I'm dropping F bombs on Twitter as Vydra buries one. And not in anger.

Having to re record as this week fans were not great shall we say might not be a viable option, and a problem that may come up several times if you are going through a number of fans. 

I'm not saying fan content should be avoided, but probably best saved for special features that are not run on a schedule. If it turns out horrendous, stays on the cutting room floor. I would be surprised if a few fans are not currently lying there themselves with opinions from outside the ground, which has to be said has turned out better than I thought it would.

Well we have already got the regular video slot post match with Kim Birtwistle and this week the 'day in the life of Nick Webster' at the Forest game (is he @Ram69?) so maybe this is the way forward that @OwenB87 is talking about? 

Although I would like to see a bit more variation in the line up of pundits on the preview and review shows, there are plenty from within the club I think can provide that. More players would be good but I don't suppose that they are all as good a talker as Darren Bent! 

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well we have already got the regular video slot post match with Kim Birtwistle and this week the 'day in the life of Nick Webster' at the Forest game (is he @Ram69?) so maybe this is the way forward that @OwenB87 is talking about? 

Although I would like to see a bit more variation in the line up of pundits on the preview and review shows, there are plenty from within the club I think can provide that. More players would be good but I don't suppose that they are all as good a talker as Darren Bent! 

N.W is @therams69 ?

NW is me haha!

Got to say the guys did a great job of editing the video they published. Thought they put the whole day together really well... Was kind of weird having a camera with me all day but best way to try and deal with it is to forget its there!

Think there are plans to do a lot more fan interaction with RamsTV such as following a fan to an away day etc etc but fair to say these would be separate features, a bit like how RamsTV meets.......

Guess it's all work in progress and never going to please everyone but from what I have seen so far in RamsTV I am really impressed. I think Kim, Colin and now Owen all offer something different to the shows and features they do.

19 minutes ago, therams69 said:

NW is me haha!

Got to say the guys did a great job of editing the video they published. Thought they put the whole day together really well... Was kind of weird having a camera with me all day but best way to try and deal with it is to forget its there!

Think there are plans to do a lot more fan interaction with RamsTV such as following a fan to an away day etc etc but fair to say these would be separate features, a bit like how RamsTV meets.......

Guess it's all work in progress and never going to please everyone but from what I have seen so far in RamsTV I am really impressed. I think Kim, Colin and now Owen all offer something different to the shows and features they do.

I'd like a similar feature following @DEL in Russia next summer.

That should cover 10 days of the World Cup, at least.

Archived