RamsTV: The Review Show

Ellafella

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I watch it. Pretty good overall but they should maybe go into some more tactical analysis... Maybe pick out some stuff that would have been missed on commentary. Didn't mind Gibson as he truly loves the club and is obviously a great knowledgeable professional (his hourly long interviews were very good, ) but OB has a more modern presenting style.

I like RD coverage too but they need to refresh Monday nights to include more interviews/analysis and stuff. Or get better callers. Guess they're limited as it's audio only.

Thanks for the comments.

I'm well aware that my fashion choices divide opinion, but rest assured it's a mic-pack on my pocket and not my phone.

Regarding proper fan interaction, that will come, but perhaps not on the Review Show.

We're still in the early days in terms of what we plan to do with RamsTV, so watch this space. 

Owen

7 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

Thanks for the comments.

I'm well aware that my fashion choices divide opinion, but rest assured it's a mic-pack on my pocket and not my phone.

Regarding proper fan interaction, that will come, but perhaps not on the Review Show.

We're still in the early days in terms of what we plan to do with RamsTV, so watch this space. 

Owen

Good stuff @OwenB87 and  thanks for replying. I do hope though you re-consider the option of having fan input on the review show - I think it would add extra ingredients. I suspect the management of it may be potentially problematic, but there's real potential to uncover a demographic who don't as a rule get to air their views {eg the 50-something lady who was interviewed in the "30 second review" gave an excellent summary of pluses and minuses that was good viewing}. It's all about bringing the fans closer to the club. I'm pleased to hear there'll be more developments...potential to get to know the players better perhaps? 

All the best to you, Sir. 

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Not sure why anybody who might have heard the moan-in over the last 25 years or so, or the 'listener derived content' straight after a match on RD via twitter, would want fans anywhere near a show like this.  

...It's about getting the full diversity of views. Some will be knee-jerk, and bordering on over-blown emotion; there are other more interesting ones that perhaps don't usually get an airing. It all really depends on what the directors of the show want to achieve, but one of those should be to bring the fans closer to the Club, as well as entertain, inform, analyse, explain. I wonder what the over-riding objectives/mission statement/service plan of Rams TV is...apart from being a revenue stream for the Club. 

I like the show, just Rodger Davies is the problem. Never forgiven him for the comment when we played Doncaster years ago. "It's not a question that will Derby win but more of by how many" we lost 1-0! After that lost all respect for him. Ramage has come close to that a few times. Always rated Owen and I really like Shane. The next stage I reckon will be using big touch screens like Monday night football

8 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

Thanks for the comments.

Owen

any plans to have a channel on Satellite or Cable TV? This was around in the mid 90s, I cannot understand why it isn't now.

I just cannot bring myself to watch things on a device when I've spent and continue to spend a whacking great sum of money on a massive TV and subscription to Sky. I want to watch football on a TV not a iPad.

Just now, Moist One said:

any plans to have a channel on Satellite or Cable TV? This was around in the mid 90s, I cannot understand why it isn't now.

I just cannot bring myself to watch things on a device when I've spent and continue to spend a whacking great sum of money on a massive TV and subscription to Sky. I want to watch football on a TV not a iPad.

If you pick up a cheap second hand AppleTV you can airplay it to your TV from the iPad. Doesn’t have to be the latest model, probably pick one up for £30 now.

No loss in quality, how I watch most of the content

8 minutes ago, David said:

If you pick up a cheap second hand AppleTV you can airplay it to your TV from the iPad. Doesn’t have to be the latest model, probably pick one up for £30 now.

I have all the necessary leads, and can 'throw' some things to my TV. I just remember the channel and prefer to be aired, so when channel hopping, I can stumble across it, instead of going to find it and play it.

8 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

Thanks for the comments.

Owen

I will await your call :whistle:

11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I've enjoyed it.

I do wish Owen would sit up straight and wear a collar and tie though, preferably with a suit jacket if I'm honest!

I agree with @VulcanRam, this programme is a place for the professionals to dissect the game, without the amateurish input of fans clouding the matter.

Can you imagine the grief a random fan would get should he end up on the panel of experts, even at the club's bidding?

Alright grandad cheer up a bit 

45 minutes ago, David said:

I can use a HDMI lead to laptop to hock up to a TV, do you know if there is a way using a amazon fire stick?

7 minutes ago, Hucknall Ram said:

I can use a HDMI lead to laptop to hock up to a TV, do you know if there is a way using a amazon fire stick?

I don’t think so, but don’t quote me on that. I believe it only works with Android and Amazon devices.

Chromecast is another option, you can mirror your computer screen to your TV although it’s always best to just use the HDMI cable if you’re able to have that setup 

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

How would you improve it @reveldevil

I'd like to see something similar to Sunday Supplement on Sky.

A couple of fans, ex pros, outside media such as Radio Derby and the DET and maybe background club staff like Vicars and Pearce and the Det, and the host.

Round table discussion of recent news, the opportunity for fans to pick the brains of those present, and maybe gain a better understanding of what happens on the pitch.

For instance, how many times do you see something baffling on the pitch that you wouldn't expect kids to do,the pros present may be able to shed light on it, explain why it's happened, that the layman might well have missed.

I wouldn't get to bogged down in the analysis though, mostly just a chat on all things Derby, and the wider football world that impacts us.

Not too often either, maybe broadcast the odd show in international breaks to keep things ticking over.

10 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

Thanks for the comments.

Owen

Owen,

Good to hear your input but for goodness sake please don't be swayed by what we the fans say.............As far as I can see we are all numpties!

Archived