Universal Credit

1of4

39 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

When Joel did his PIP assessment he had just had surgery and was struggling to walk and the nurse who did it had to google it on her phone.

When I asked her how she could make an assessment of a condition she had never heard of she said she didn’t know.

It took months,if we had not done it for him he would have been unable to do it due to his health.

Hope the barstewards didn't make you and yours jump through to many hoops before you got any benefits

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Hope the barstewards didn't make you and yours jump through to many hoops before you got any benefits

It was roughly what I’d expected,the whole process was designed to put you off applying,make you abandon the process then make you give up.

Joel was ok because he lived at home and didn’t have any outgoings.

It was a soul destroying experience.

I totally support any efforts at cutting fraud which is rife but they just avoid tackling that and go for soft targets.

26 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Indeed - it can't be right that the UC Helpline was 55p a minute, yet the Benefits Fraud hotline was free.

Quite right. I never knew the helpline was a premium number. An absolute disgrace of a decision.

• 4 weeks later...

Just at the time of year that most families are thankful for any spare cash, Scrooge McTory is going to make Christmas a lot less merry for a lot of people on Universal Credit.  The government as said that benefits will be reduced or even stopped for working families on UC because as there is five pay periods in December this will put claimants income level over the income threshold to make a claim for the month.

And a Merry Christmas to one and all

4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Just at the time of year that most families are thankful for any spare cash, Scrooge McTory is going to make Christmas a lot less merry for a lot of people on Universal Credit.  The government as said that benefits will be reduced or even stopped for working families on UC because as there is five pay periods in December this will put claimants income level over the income threshold to make a claim for the month.

A quarter of next year too.

8 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

They're getting paid 5 times anyway :ph34r:

Archived