Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

20 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think it's harsh to say early criticism of GR was laughable. Some of it was justifiable in the sense that results/performances were indifferent and he did make some contradictable statements. 

I'd say it was laughable. There was a thread questioning whether he was up to the job in August, within the first month of his first full season here. You can describe it as impatient as you want, I personally don't see much difference as the impatience was and still is laughable.

Rowett brings a complete style shift from what we had under McClaren and it's going to take time to have a side which suits his style. But with a mishmash of players, in a still unbalanced side, we've lost only three in thirteen games. It's efficient, but if some had their way Rowett would have been gone already, yet we're 7th with a game in hand. Given the size of the job that Rowett had facing him, I'd say he's done an alright job so far.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

How good is Nuge's goal?

I keep watching it and it gets better and better.

Absolute class finish and i've not seen a better pass from a defensive position since Franz Beckenbauer and Bobby Moore retired.

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

I'd say it was laughable. There was a thread questioning whether he was up to the job in August, within the first month of his first full season here. You can describe it as impatient as you want, I personally don't see much difference as the impatience was and still is laughable.

Rowett brings a complete style shift from what we had under McClaren and it's going to take time to have a side which suits his style. But with a mishmash of players, in a still unbalanced side, we've lost only three in thirteen games. It's efficient, but if some had their way Rowett would have been gone already, yet we're 7th with a game in hand. Given the size of the job that Rowett had facing him, I'd say he's done an alright job so far.

Agreed to want him gone was laughable. Don't really want to get into a negative debate on the back of a great result today but I stand by the fact that most of the rational criticism wasn't laughable. Maybe a better way of describing it than impatient is a misinterpretation of the direction we were heading. It's fair to say that he's had his work cut out to get the players to buy into his philosophies and he sees them pretty much everyday . On that basis it's hardly surprising some fans are finding it hard to see his visions straight away. At the end of the day we all want to see the team be successful and if you'd rather them fail just to prove you're right then you ain't a true fan. COYR.

30 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

How good is Nuge's goal?

I keep watching it and it gets better and better.

Absolute class finish and i've not seen a better pass from a defensive position since Franz Beckenbauer and Bobby Moore retired.

Hold on, the pass was meant for Huddlestone, not Nugent but what a finish.

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

I can only assume that you were either (a) not at the game (b) drunk before kick off or (c) an irritating troll

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

Or all 3

None of the above, actually.

Saw nothing ... was working, but fantastic to see the final score and the highlights. What a pass and finish NUGE ! .drooling right now and going to bed after a late shift with a grin a mile wide. ... Think about this one. Change style, change players, play a form team away from home when so many have doubts. Then get a result, scoring tasty goals. ... This team is improving, getting to know each other. Old hands are getting back to what we know they are capable of as individuals and the new boys are getting in the groove.... Watch this space.

we are Derby county and we are comming for you.  :D

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Not laughable, realistic.

The criticism came when we had lost 3 out of 8. Results were dire, performances worse.

We started then to improve results, and now performances are going the same way.

Onwards and upwards!

6 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Not laughable, realistic.

The criticism came when we had lost 3 out of 8. Results were dire, performances worse.

We started then to improve results, and now performances are going the same way.

Onwards and upwards!

Quite

The initial football under GR was pretty dire....good to see it getting back to watchable levels and that the team are beginning to gain an understanding.

Great game today and nuges goal was awesome..

Loads more to come if we continue to develop 

COYR!

Archived