Isak Olafsson

Derbylad92

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

Hopefully, iceland are on to something. 

Who are the names we should be keeping an eye on?

Too many to count.  Derby are apparently keeping tabs on our younger national side players, like Ísak.  That's a wise policy.

11 hours ago, ramit said:

You will notice that i didn't mention the win against England, because that's not really that impressive, is it?

Gylfi Sigurðsson was worth 45 million to Everton BTW

Quoting a two time former Derby manager.  "All they have is that big boy up front Sigurðsson....Sigþórsson and...oh my"

We are talking about lad who is 17... He can't conquer the island alone. Just a half of it...

On 22/10/2017 at 12:05, ramit said:

We really want to get England in our group, i can see it happening but i think you will probably beat us next time.  Won't underestimate us twice i should think.

England didn't underestimate you last time, you were just the better team.

56 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes thank you, it is true we were the better team but England's setup was all wrong and played right into Iceland's hands err feet

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Our management certainly did. We didn't even practice set pieces against them and they were known to be absolutely superb at them throughout the tournament. Hodgson didn't even know they were good at them. 

They certainly were the better team but we underestimated them and got our gameplan completely wrong.

On 11/2/2017 at 16:14, Rab a dab doo said:

Is he still on trial or has been convicted of being substandard yet ?

i can't find anything recent about his Derby trial online.  He has been chosen for the Iceland U19 team for the upcoming group games for Euros 2018.  They will play Bulgaria on November 8 and then England on November 11.  Maybe Derby want to look closer at him during those games, but we probably won't be the only ones.

On 28 October 2017 at 09:44, G STAR RAM said:

I think we did.

didn't roy hodgson and ray lewington go on trip down the Seine istead of watching Iceland?

19 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think we did.

didn't roy hodgson and ray lewington go on trip down the Seine istead of watching Iceland?

No idea but I'm sure an experienced manager like Hodgson would have given his team what he thought were the necessary preparations. I'm sure they would have at least watched a video of their match.

Archived