Rams TV meets Shane Nicholson

richinspain

Watched both parts last night and have to say its one hell of a story. 

You tend to forget that some people you see damaging their lives one way or another are still people and just need a bit of help.  Its easy to write them off as a lost cause and watch them spiral towards whatever. 

TBH I didn't know any of his story prior to watching it on RamsTV, its good to know he's in a good place now and enjoying life :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Was his arrest before the Leicester match common knowledge, or passed off as an injury?

I can't remember hearing anything about that at the time.

Nor can i and yet it must have been pretty serious to be on remand in prison - not even given bail?

2 hours ago, DC-1975 said:

I've just looked up the teams for that game and Forsyth played left back, so not sure if he would even have been playing. I think the internet was just starting then and very slow, so no social media or rumours spreading around.

On a side note, Leicester had a front 3 of Walsh, Roberts and Ormondroyd that day.

Now that is Anti-football !

Good point.

we played all the football and they mugged us with two high balls into the box. Perhaps GR would say that proves physicality and hoofball can triumph. 

But who wants to watch that rubbish?

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

There was a lot of splits in the dressing room at that time and I believe that a few of them hated Kitson...his bandaged hand was rumoured to have been from Shinner stabbing him with a knife on a night out...

If he's got that in him, then he's still a potentially nasty dangerous fooker.

2 hours ago, DC-1975 said:

I've just looked up the teams for that game and Forsyth played left back, so not sure if he would even have been playing. I think the internet was just starting then and very slow, so no social media or rumours spreading around.

On a side note, Leicester had a front 3 of Walsh, Roberts and Ormondroyd that day.

Now that is Anti-football !

He said in the interview that he had been playing up till then, and that Forsyth had been moved into central defence.

14 minutes ago, richinspain said:

He said in the interview that he had been playing up till then, and that Forsyth had been moved into central defence.

I don't think thats right. Forsyth moved into central defence alongside mark Wright after paul blades was sold. That was before the Pickering funded rebuild. 

Roy mcfarland moved paul williams into central defence alongside craig short which was a masterstroke.

until wembley when paul williams inexplicably ducked on the line to let the ball go over his head and in 

I was a bit too young when he was at the club so then I didn't really get to know about players away from football, so I didn't realise about his alcohol and drug problems. Only seen the 1st 26 min of part one so far but he is very open about it and some ways it's good to hear that he has faced his demons and is now clean. Really looking forward to the rest of the interview.    

Archived