FA, go get Pochettino now!

David

Yes he is a good coach but he is having problems at the moment getting his present team scoring goals and winning when they play at Wembley. If he did become England coach can he get a lackadaisical England team that also play their home games at Wembley playing any better.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im dead against non Englishmen managing England. Let minnow nations do that. We shouldnt need to. You wouldnt see it in Italy, spain or germany. But then again these 3 countries are rather more patriotic and loyal to their own countrymen.

Im also dead against so many Foreign players in the premier league period.

The FA needs to work something out with the EPL to stem the tide of foreign owners, with no allegience to our nation.

We should be giving managers like this the job! We should change the manager for every tournament win or lose. Give Poch a 2 year - 1 tournament deal. One shot at glory. Then give somone else a go, then someone else. No mahoosive 10 year £billion contracts. Just 1 tournament deals... lots of them.

6 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Im dead against non Englishmen managing England. Let minnow nations do that. We shouldnt need to. You wouldnt see it in Italy, spain or germany. But then again these 3 countries are rather more patriotic and loyal to their own countrymen.

Im also dead against so many Foreign players in the premier league period.

The FA needs to work something out with the EPL to stem the tide of foreign owners, with no allegience to our nation.

So you're against overseas owners, players and managers, right?

The ingredients which have created one of the most watched leagues in the world?

Sounds to me as though the national team might be more successful copying as many elements as it can from the EPL.

Obviously owners is irrelevant. But why not a progressive coach type manager. Why not even naturalised players born overseas who have chosen to settle in England? 

I still have nightmares over England teams from the 1970s featuring home talent like Joe role,  Bob latchford and dave watson trying (and failing dismally) to bludgeon more skilful teams to defeat.

In all seriousness, I don’t teally get why players have to come from the country they play for (or have a distant relative), but the manager doesn’t. 

Really domestic football clubs should have the same restrictions. Derby vs Forest isn’t really Derby vs Nottingham, it’s just about which team can bring in the best employees. You could come from a city thatvsinply isn’t blessed with good footballing genes, but buy in a load of people from a place that is. It’s not a true reflection of how that place is In terms of footballing ability.

Whereas international football is far more about one country vs another, using just your country’s resources. It’s a far truer reflection of how that country stands in the listings. Ie Brazilians as a whole can be classed as being very good at football, but are Mancunians particularly good at football, or do they just employ good footballers from Liverpool (for example)? 

On 17/10/2017 at 05:33, HantsRam said:

So you're against overseas owners, players and managers, right?

The ingredients which have created one of the most watched leagues in the world?

Sounds to me as though the national team might be more successful copying as many elements as it can from the EPL.

Obviously owners is irrelevant. But why not a progressive coach type manager. Why not even naturalised players born overseas who have chosen to settle in England? 

I still have nightmares over England teams from the 1970s featuring home talent like Joe role,  Bob latchford and dave watson trying (and failing dismally) to bludgeon more skilful teams to defeat.

Martin Chivers.....

On 16/10/2017 at 07:39, rynny said:

Why not?

Because of the Falklands war that's why no Argentine for England jobs sorry. I did say he's a good coach though, leave him at Spurs tbh. 

On 16/10/2017 at 08:20, David said:

Couldn’t give a toss if he’s English, Scottish, Welsh or North Korean.

I can only assume this dislike for Argentinians is down to Simone letting Beckham kick him.

It’s the only thing that makes semi sense.

Nobody can say with a straight face they would rather go to the World Cup with Southgate in charge, the cost saving, lowering long term unemployed numbers, nicey nice well spoken turnip of a manager.

This is the World Cup and we’re heading to Russia like the travelling circus, off to amuse Putin.

Well I’m not letting Southgate be the elephant in the room, I’m calling him out and calling on the FA to do the right thing, that is to go appoint Pochettino, let’s see if he really wants it.

Taken Spurs has far as he can, Fraudiola will chuck £50m here, £50m there, blowing others out the water. Go do it on the World Stage whilst that fool takes Man City into bankruptcy.

Kane, Lallana, Dier, go ask them Southgate or Poch, bet my left testicle they don’t even consider the nationality on the passport once.

My post is nothing to do with disliking Simone kick Beckham though. 

2 minutes ago, DEL said:

Because of the Falklands war that's why not Argentine for England jobs sorry. I did say he's a good coach though, leave him at Spurs tbh. 

What involvement did 10 year old Pochettino have in the Falklands war?

2 hours ago, DEL said:

Because of the Falklands war that's why no Argentine for England jobs sorry. I did say he's a good coach though, leave him at Spurs tbh. 

Would you ban a german managing the england team? What about a frenchman, i mean they did invade us in 1066?

Maybe we should have stopped Capello on the basis hes italian, i mean they sided with the germans and also the romans invaded almost everywhere so that rules them out.

How about british managers going elsewhere, we invaded lots of places over the centuries.

2 hours ago, DEL said:

So if we base it on countries that we have had a war with that would rule out the majority of the world, we have even had a war amongat ourselves, does that mean no Yorkshire man or someone from Lancashire?

I'm sorry but that is a lame excuse to not want one of the best coaches in the world.

2 hours ago, DEL said:

Did you boo when Carbonari smashed in the winner against Forest?

If the FA genuinely want to win the World Cup (and we could) they should be talking to him now. As I've said elsewhere, the U21 job is traditionally given to failed managers who are so bad they cannot get a job with a club, but are in good standing with the FA. Hence Southgate and Pearce before him. It is farcical to then put someone from that role into the post of England manager.

We could all be excited about international football again and actually go into a tournament with genuine grounds for optimism.

Do top club managers in their prime want international jobs anymore...even England, which is surely one of the more prestigious and probably the highest paid?

As wonderful as the major international tournaments are, I wonder if the top managers would really see an international job as a good move at the height of their career, seems more like a semi-retirement sort of gig these days.  More like a job for a manager, who doesn't want to quit football entirely but would like some more time to spend with the grandchildren....or on the golf course.

38 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Do top club managers in their prime want international jobs anymore...even England, which is surely one of the more prestigious and probably the highest paid?

As wonderful as the major international tournaments are, I wonder if the top managers would really see an international job as a good move at the height of their career, seems more like a semi-retirement sort of gig these days.  More like a job for a manager, who doesn't want to quit football entirely but would like some more time to spend with the grandchildren....or on the golf course.

That's exactly it. Martin O'Neill, Strachan didnt want the day to day hassle of club football. Even Micheal O'Neill has said club football and the uncertainty over your job isn't really high on his agenda. 

Make your money in club football, move into international football. 

I'd be amazed if Pochettino ever became England manager. He will dissapear to Spain or France in the next few years and fall off the radar. By that time Dyche will be in situ at Wembley. 

9 hours ago, Highgate said:

Sounds like a job for Wenger (I would make an exception to my strict no Frenchman rule for Wenger, he’s been here long enough to be honorary English). 

Archived