FA, go get Pochettino now!

David

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has revealed he would like to manage England at some point in the future.

“If I were to be an international manager one day, I'd relish the opportunity to coach the England national team.”

"I've heard that I've been considered for the job before, but I don't know if there was any truth in it. I'd be reunited with loads of familiar faces: Harry Kane, Danny Rose, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Adam Lallana."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11082081/mauricio-pochettino-says-he-would-relish-the-chance-to-manage-england

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

We can't have an argentinian managing England.

It will never happen.

Hasn’t pocketino got history against England. It would be weird. 

Having said that, he all but managed all the best bits of the England team now anyway, so if the opportunity came to take a great coach who knows how to get the best out of our best, we’d be daft not to. 

(Although he should be made to work with an assistant from the Falkland Islands, just to run it in a bit).

But it’ll be the end of a German ever took over. 

I suggested Pochettino last time and someone said then no way because hes argentinian, Honestly if that was a reason not to give it him I'd be ashamed to be British. To the best of my knowledge he didnt commit any attrocities personally, likewise if a German took over I wouldnt have an issue.

Its pathetic that anyone even thinks its a factor.

20 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Him or Eddie Howe would be perfect.

Eddie Howe would be a big gamble. He has never managed big-name players before.

And his record with managing more illustrious players at Bournemouth is poor to say the least.

Whilst Bournemouth have played some great football under Howe, it's generally been with the same core of players he had in League One.

As far as I'm aware he didn't put that squad of players together, so now they've reached a stage where a few are past their prime, Howe has been unable to replace them and build a new squad.

IMO Bournemouth will come back down within the next two seasons, and Howe will largely be at fault.

18 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Him or Eddie Howe would be perfect.

Yes giving Eddie However the job would be good. One way to wipe the smirk off his face.

Pochettino would be a great choice for the national team.

Who cares where he was born... Chile won their first Copa America with an Argentine in charge. Mexico won the Gold Cup with a Colombian in charge. Greece won Euro 2004 with a German in charge. Spain won 2008 with a racist in charge. 

We've had a Swede and an Italian in charge in recent times.

Why not an Argentine? 

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Who cares where he was born... Chile won their first Copa America with an Argentine in charge. Mexico won the Gold Cup with a Colombian in charge. Greece won Euro 2004 with a German in charge. Spain won 2008 with a racist in charge. 

Why not an Argentine? 

Xenophobia it would seem.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Eddie Howe would be a big gamble. He has never managed big-name players before.

And his record with managing more illustrious players at Bournemouth is poor to say the least.

Whilst Bournemouth have played some great football under Howe, it's generally been with the same core of players he had in League One.

As far as I'm aware he didn't put that squad of players together, so now they've reached a stage where a few are past their prime, Howe has been unable to replace them and build a new squad.

IMO Bournemouth will come back down within the next two seasons, and Howe will largely be at fault.

Maybe you're right.

I just like the football he has them playing and don't think I can take any more of the performances we see under Southgate.

Couldn’t give a toss if he’s English, Scottish, Welsh or North Korean.

I can only assume this dislike for Argentinians is down to Simone letting Beckham kick him.

It’s the only thing that makes semi sense.

Nobody can say with a straight face they would rather go to the World Cup with Southgate in charge, the cost saving, lowering long term unemployed numbers, nicey nice well spoken turnip of a manager.

This is the World Cup and we’re heading to Russia like the travelling circus, off to amuse Putin.

Well I’m not letting Southgate be the elephant in the room, I’m calling him out and calling on the FA to do the right thing, that is to go appoint Pochettino, let’s see if he really wants it.

Taken Spurs has far as he can, Fraudiola will chuck £50m here, £50m there, blowing others out the water. Go do it on the World Stage whilst that fool takes Man City into bankruptcy.

Kane, Lallana, Dier, go ask them Southgate or Poch, bet my left testicle they don’t even consider the nationality on the passport once.

23 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Why not an Argentine? 

Ummm we went to war against them? I know we went to war against Italy too, but that ended 72 years ago and there's no disputed territories now. 

Archived