Zanzala on loan to Chester for a month

David

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opening game loss in the FA Cup

Kidderminster 2 Chester 0

"...Chester had more joy as the game became a scrappy affair with both sides taking it in turns to lose possession too easily.

Harriers did work another opening with 15 minutes left on the clock when Ngwatala played James McQuilkin in down the right. His ball in was met by Ironside but the striker's deft flick was deflected over.

But he only had to wait 10 minutes to find he back of the net.

This time he met Sonupe's cross from the right with his head to sneak the ball in at the near post and bag a vital second.

The Reds fully deserved their fourth qualifying round success, winning £12,500 in the process, and can now look forward to Monday's draw.

Harriers: Hall, Pearson (Williams 46), Taylor, Croasdale (c), Horsfall, O'Connor, Sonupe (Austin 82), McQuilkin, Ironside, Ngwatala, Wright (Bradley 60).

Unused subs: Brown, Weeks, Digie, Howkins.

Chester: Lynch, Halls, Rowe-Turner, James, McCombe (c) (Bell 72), Astles, Turnbull, White (Zanzala 60), Dawson, Waters (Chappell 45), Akintunde. "

Hope the lad does well but seems another case of our fans over-hyping our young players. People calling for him to be in our first team, a first team people want to reach the PL yet he can't get a football league loan move? 

I see a lot of questions thrown around about this pathway from our academy to the first team but the players have to be good enough in the first place. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Hope the lad does well but seems another case of our fans over-hyping our young players. People calling for him to be in our first team, a first team people want to reach the PL yet he can't get a football league loan move? 

I see a lot of questions thrown around about this pathway from our academy to the first team but the players have to be good enough in the first place. 

He's not allowed to move to a league club outside the summer and winter windows.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

He's not allowed to move to a league club outside the summer and winter windows.

Didn't seem to be many sniffing around when he was. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing him off as we've all seen Bennett's comeback this year but this guy has been tipped to replace Championship quality strikers by a few on here. I find it odd he's ended up in the non-league after reading some reviews. 

I feel that there is a great effort to give those under 23 players who are closest to first team football some real adult competitive experience this season. 

It's unlikely that they will break into the first team this season while we have such a big squad.

Hopefully next season when several of our current crop are out of contract we will see more of them.

Re Zanzala a month non-league loan  now may turn into a longer loan to a lower league club in the next transfer window.  Shame he won't be playing for us on Monday against Liverpool though! 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I feel that there is a great effort to give those under 23 players who are closest to first team football some real adult competitive experience this season. 

It's unlikely that they will break into the first team this season while we have such a big squad.

Hopefully next season when several of our current crop are out of contract we will see more of them.

Re Zanzala a month non-league loan  now may turn into a longer loan to a lower league club in the next transfer window.  Shame he won't be playing for us on Monday against Liverpool though! 

I wonder if the return to fitness for Vernam has help make the decision to let him go.

There are few - if any - in the u23s who are ready to break through. 

With the possible exception of elsnik, the best of the rest are about league 2 standard

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

There are few - if any - in the u23s who are ready to break through. 

With the possible exception of elsnik, the best of the rest are about league 2 standard

I think that's a bit harsh on Max Bird, Charlie Vernam, Callum Guy, Cameron Cresswell and a few others. They may not be ready, but that doesn't mean that they haven't got the skills.  Bird in particular needs to grow physically but he has excellent vision. 

23 hours ago, Ninos said:

Just tells you how pants Martin is. How many games now and he can't score a goal? Good late game sub option though.

Martin has only started 3 more first team games than Zanzala this season and didn't play for us most of last season. 

Archived