US or UK Comedy

Angry Ram

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

US Comedy shows are better... Can't think of any really good UK comedy shows for many many years. Peter Kay's car share was good. UK sitcoms are just dire. 

Only Fools and Horses

Porridge

Open All Hours

Some Mothers Do Ave Em

Red Dwarf

Fawlty Towers

Bottom

Men Behaving Badly

Steptoe and Son

Old but can still show up the US crap as utter tripe. Name one decent US comedy/sitcom and I’m calling 

BS.jpg

On 13/10/2017 at 12:12, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not sure anyone will be able to convince me that any American sitcom is better than Peep Show.

Agree but on the downside, pure silence and a blank screen is better than 'Back'.

2 hours ago, David said:

Only Fools and Horses

Porridge

Open All Hours

Some Mothers Do Ave Em

Red Dwarf

Fawlty Towers

Bottom

Men Behaving Badly

Steptoe and Son

Old but can still show up the US crap as utter tripe. Name one decent US comedy/sitcom and I’m calling 

BS.jpg

Good - Frasier (although Channel 4 have thrashed it to death, its like they all go for a fry up and a dump at 9am every morning and leave two episodes on), Modern Family, Parks and Recreation (although the end was pants) and Veep.

Bad -  'the comedy of Ray Romano'

3 hours ago, David said:

Only Fools and Horses

Porridge

Open All Hours

Some Mothers Do Ave Em

Red Dwarf

Fawlty Towers

Bottom

Men Behaving Badly

Steptoe and Son

BS.jpg

Some mothers do ave them was dog poo. 

Over the last 20 years almost all decent comedy is from us... friends and frasier for a start. Catastrophe more recent .

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Some mothers do ave them was dog poo. 

Over the last 20 years almost all decent comedy is from us... friends and frasier for a start. Catastrophe more recent .

Absolutely nothing correct in this post at all, all wrong, very wrong. Friends? Come on now, that was horrendously bad

7 minutes ago, David said:

Absolutely nothing correct in this post at all, all wrong, very wrong. Friends? Come on now, that was horrendously bad

Don't agree on Frasier. Very funny.

2 hours ago, David said:

Never made it through a full episode, says it all

Well it wouldnt do for us all to agree, I mean the UK made 11 seasons of My Family.....which was awful as comedies go.

Archived