Best Restaurants in the world

froggg

16 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

That’s the one... You sit outside on a tiered terrace overlooking the town, The actual windmill is the kitchen.

There is some fab restaurants on that island 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't answer this one but have eaten in some expensive places and been hugely disappointed and in some roughish places and been amazed. I remember having oysters for the first time on the quay in Boniface Corsica but was it the atmosphere and the surroundings rather than the food ? Went to Sat Bains place in Notts once years ago .. very clever and pretty and some great tastes but best ??

Favourite ... a taverna on Mykonos no name but sometimes called Kiki's after a Swedish lady who started it in the early 70's

A view down to a little cove so beautiful you could weep.  A huge dripping glazed T Bone pork chop grilled on a charcoal BBQ. cheap wine from an aluminium jug and local salads. No music just the hushed murmur of voices from the 10 or so other tables. You can't book, everyone has to queue. The owner is a character - when a Russian boat owner (anchored off the beach )  sent a minion with a wad  of cash wanting the tables with the best view. He said to the guy, "scooter, feet or boat ... queue and price is same for everyone." 

6 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I hate pretentious food and stuck up surroundings. Santaniello's in Bedford is probably my favourite place to eat; back street, family run Italian, about 8 quid for the best pizza you'll ever eat. 

Got any close up pizza pictures?

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Trying the Savoy Grill tomorrow.. I’ve heard mixed things, so fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Can't be that nice, you didn't give him a like!!

May I offer an apology for my rude behaviour, have a like, both of you.

I hope Angry didn’t get the rump with me. 

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

May I offer an apology for my rude behaviour, have a like, both of you.

I hope Angry didn’t get the rump with me. 

I rare ly get the rump with you... Get pea d off with others though who don’t take this thread seriously..

Archived