Cyrus Christie

Leicester Ram

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So many? He's an okay Championship fullback on his day, then. He thinks he's better, maybe that was part of the problem? I'm not berating him.

Nothing wrong with a professional athlete striving to become better than their current level.

I also think we have recently had too many players who are all too comfortable with being okay Championship players. They have security - why push further?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Duracell said:

Nothing wrong with a professional athlete striving to become better than their current level.

I also think we have recently had too many players who are all too comfortable with being okay Championship players. They have security - why push further?

True, he didn't say he was *striving* to become better. He said he (paraphrasing) was the best Championship fullback, blah, blah. I saw no quotes from him saying anything about him striving?

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

True, he didn't say he was *striving* to become better. He said he (paraphrasing) was the best Championship fullback, blah, blah. I saw no quotes from him saying anything about him striving?

Isn't that part of it though? Saying it so you start believing it.

I'm partly playing devil's advocate here, maybe he could be thinking he's better than he really is, but I personally don't have much of an issue with a player coming out in the open and backing their own ability.

Nice to see that the abuse doesn't just focus on current Derby players, some people are out there doing the dirty work to ensure that if you ever play for Derby, the abuse and needless comments will follow you wherever you go. Some people never change...

15 hours ago, Duracell said:

This has definitely been a problem. They arrive on big (ish) contracts and think they have made it. No motivation to push on.

17 hours ago, Paul71 said:

True, but why are they? Not really football fans just weirdos sat in their mums back room in 7 day old boxer shorts.

I’m sat in the front room in mine, aren’t I Mum?

Christie shouldn’t bite, but Ramspolls really needs to get a boyfriend.

18 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It happens to lots of people on Twitter famous or not. He's an okay fullback hardly warrants him likening himself as best in the division. :lol:

But abuse from your own support? Thats outrageous. Your Katie Hopkinses and your Trumpses at least get abuse from people who aren't on their team, so to speak.

Average player in an average team.

Started well, soon lost confidence. Hardly surprising when the manager tried to offload him.

Better going forward than he was defending, his speed and power often getting him out of trouble.

Not sad to see him go but still wish him well for the future.

No real story here other than some pathetic kid hiding behind a keyboard trolling him.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived