EFL Rivalries East Midlands Derby Sky Sports 403 10pm Tue 10th Oct 2017

Inverurie Ram

5 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

So if it didn't mention at least 3 of the most notable games of the last ten years, what did it talk about?

BC managing both teams. His relationship and fallout with Taylor. Bryson and Bloomer's hat trick. Players that have played for teams. Tyson with corner flag and Savage's scarf waving. Clough Junior playing for them then managing us and his touchline incident with Davies.

About it I think.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

BC managing both teams. His relationship and fallout with Taylor. Bryson and Bloomer's hat trick. Players that have played for teams. Tyson with corner flag and Savage's scarf waving. Clough Junior playing for them then managing us and his touchline incident with Davies.

About it I think.

What, no coffee cup goal? I still chuckle about that after all these years.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not that much really.

Got a mention on radio two this tea time.

well, the guy who rang in lived in a half and half house, and if we win his missus has to buy the take away. 

I think Simon Mayo supports Derby ?

17 hours ago, Boycie said:

Is this rivalry actually recognised outside Derbyshire and Notts?

Yes it is. Spent most of my life outside of Derbyshire & anyone who knows anything about Derby or football knows Forest is the big rivalry game. Think its more than just a geographical thing as many people still remember Brian Clough & his impact on the national game in general (and on both of our respective clubs). The fixture also regularly appears in lists of top/most intense 10 English derby rivalries (despite not being inter-city)

As a general point, watched the Sky programme last night & was pretty impressed with the level of historical detail. Its such a strange rivalry in some ways because despite the animosity, we will always have Clough/Taylor & a lot of the players of the 1970's in common. I can't think of any other similar rivalry in this country. 

Better late than never, but have just watched this and thought it to be thoroughly enjoyable (more so as I'm basking in the glow of victory).  If anybody wasn't aware of this fixture outside the East Midlands, then hopefully they do now.  Very good.

Archived