Derby County V Notts Forest

peachmyster

Special shout outs from me to Vydra - for providing much needed final third quality, Russell - for his none stop running, perseverance and passion shown and Curtis Davies - on by far his best performance in a Derby shirt, he was commanding, great at bringing the ball out of defence and was phenomenal. 

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Duracell said:

RE Mr Brightside. It's bad enough it gets played in a graveyard slot at cheesy night clubs, even worse that it was played moments before a game in what was supposed to be an intimidating atmosphere.

Found it totally embarrassing. Sky cameras out and pundits talking about how big the game is and it's

"He lifts up her dress now"

ifjsjfjajfkqjfjwbdviogfjabcjaknsjnfbrbwhdhd

maybe I'm of a certain age but I though Mr Brightside sounded pretty good.

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

A few thoughts from the Gumps forum:

• Backed off Vydra again ffs 
  • It had to be that f***** didn't it? 
  • Better team, can't score, can't defend 
  • We're f***** now 
  • And the TV goes off
  • F*** off Mancienne why run and play him onside when you're not even near enough to tackle. Losing to a sh1te hoofball team   
  • Really hate him. Bin dippers and now the sheep
  • Zach Clough's head appears to be badly photoshopped onto someone else's body 
  • Why does David Nugent keep grinning like a bad guy from the WWE?
  • Somebody scythe down that mascot
  • We're all so small and nice, with big Murphy up front we look like a rendition of Gulliver's Travels
  • Did we win on the passing stats?
  • POST: Billy Davies knows how to beat Derby RESPONSE: We lost 5-0 bro
  • Nigel Pearson is the man we want someone with some b******* and put the pride back into NFFC
  • That was an all fur coat no knickers performance

Isn't that the best kind of performance?

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

What a great day. The most bizzare thing for me was everyone singing Mr Brightside before kick off, it actually sounded really good and got the place going?!?!?? 

Thought Russell was amazing today (I'm not his biggest fan usually) Of course Vydra and Nugent played well as pretty much most weeks. The one who really stood out for me was Ledley, I was really impressed with him, kept things simple and broke up play.

Thought we sat to deep after the 1st goal and were lucky at times, but who gives a xxxx now. Beat the red dogs and a clean sheet!!! Happy happy days :thumbsup:

I thought we'd signed Norman Whiteside. These 30 year comas are a nightmare.

29 minutes ago, Topram said:

Good win, pretty poor but they were awful, Russell was great defensively poor going forward but that doesn't matter when we have other good players, Lawrence or ledley MOTM

Apart from the final 20 minute me, and those around me, thought Lawrence actually had a poor game

Russell worked his absolute cream crackers off today and completely deserved his mom.

thought lawrence was particurly poor first half but second put a couple of tantalising crosses into the box and his corners were in the main well delivered and is refreshing to know we finally and indo mean finally have someone who can take a decent corner... more to come but he kept going.

special mention for me to mr ledley, thought his positional play was exemplary and he with Huddlestone formed a solid foundation for us to either attack from or defend from when without the ball

On 10/10/2017 at 18:34, NottsRam77 said:

Im always nervous as hell pre these games and during them truth be told.

i remember it wasnt til we got 4 up against them i could actually relax when we smashed them

But for some reason im even more nervy than ever.

i think its largly becuase i genuinly believe theyre going to win, and will probably do jt playing decent football and then having to not only listen to the sods crowing about it around me for weeks but reading the the meltdowns and knife sharpening on here too

desperate for us to win this one for so many reasons 

Sod that old beloany ... we won !!!!

whoop whoop!!!

Mondays going to be a sweet day in nottingham mwahahahaha

5 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Brilliant to see Bryson on the big screen and then giving him a rendition of his song, I bet that put the hairs up on his Scottish neck, once a Ram...

Had a quick chat pre match. He is expecting to be back soon 

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

I disagree that not one player had a bad game. Thought Huddlestone was largely poor; very sloppy and hesitant in possession and large stretches of the game seemed to drift by him. There were also quite a few times where uncharacteristicly missed chances to play diagonals that would have opened the play out (Russell was wide open for large stretches in the first half and second half Vydra made a run where a decent ball would have put him one and one bad Huddlestone seen it)

Every silver lining has a cloud.....sigh.....

4 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Had a quick chat pre match. He is expecting to be back soon 

Soon as in May I assume as season long loans usually involve a fee and no recalls. Can do without another "on second thoughts" situation 

Archived