Rowett type of player

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Opportunity for feeble posts about our best and most intelligent manager in ages. Time will tell.

It's so strange to see you talk up someone with nothing to back up what you're saying, yet regularly slate someone who has stats that disprove what you are saying.

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Opportunity for feeble posts about our best and most intelligent manager in ages. Time will tell.

If ages is the interim time between SM being dismissed and GR being appointed then I would agree :-)

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's so strange to see you talk up someone with nothing to back up what you're saying, yet regularly slate someone who has stats that disprove what you are saying.

Because he goes into games with a plan explains that plan in the media, and executes to that plan. Players look focused and motivated. That's why. He's reshaping a failure of a side. 

Its fine to ask what his type of player is but the responses are cynical and comical. As usual

The answer is complex but ...

his defenders are Curtis Davies types : big strong comfy on the ball great attitude leaders. Set piece monsters. Wisdom too is Rowetty 

His midfielders are strong ball winners but he recognizes a need for varied skilsets. Johnson is our most Rowetty midfielder.

His forwards need be impact hard working pressing quick strong players - so far, Winnall maybe 

A Rowett player is one who can adapt to a strategy of attack press create but also defend in a structure with the ability to break quickly. 

My fave player was Hughes but he's not a Rowett player cuz he's not that strong and prob not willing to really put time in to get stronger and cannot counter at real pace plus his lack of goalscoring prob sealed his fate. He was a good presser though and read the game well ...

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Because he goes into games with a plan explains that plan in the media, and executes to that plan. Players look focused and motivated. That's why. He's reshaping a failure of a side. 

Its fine to ask what his type of player is but the responses are cynical and comical. As usual

his defenders are Curtis Davies types : big strong comfy on the ball great attitude leaders. Set piece monsters. Wisdom too is Rowetty 

His midfielders are strong ball winners but he recognizes a need for varied skilsets. Johnson is our most Rowetty midfielder.

His forwards need be impact hard working pressing quick strong players - so far, Winnall maybe 

A Rowett player is one who can adapt to a strategy of attack press create but also defend in a structure with the ability to break quickly. 

My fave player was Hughes but he's not a Rowett player cuz he's not that strong and prob not willing to really put time in to get stronger and cannot counter at real pace plus his lack of goalscoring prob sealed his fate. He was a good presser though and read the game well ...

Errr,

Can't agree on a lot of that ninos..

May well go into a game with a plan but it generally doesn't work out and then he explains to the media why it didn't.......

The players may be motivated (by fear of not starting the next game) but few have played to their best yet.

My only caveat to the above was the second half of Cardiff where the team actually started to look like one...hopefully GR will learn by that...........and as our resident Einstein,according to you,he should be able to find somewhere to store that experience in his gargantuan brain box.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

I thought his plan was to sign young hungry players...which was followed by signing Huddlestone and Davies and farming out our best young talents...

I thought his plan was to build an athletic side...which was followed by him implementating a middle 2 of Huddlestone and Johnson and offloading our only leggy midfielder....

I thought his plan was to make us solid at the back...followed by leaking goals left right and centre...

Now don't get me wrong, Rowett may turn us around over a period of time and I hope he is given a chance but to be calling him our most intelligent manager for ages, at this moment in time, has absolutely no basis.

Look at the achievements of McClaren,  Clement and Pearson and tell me what Rowett has done that makes him more intelligent. 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

:lol::lol:

Does his plan involve not winning very often?

Curtis Davies... comfortable on the ball? Compared to Shackell and Pearce maybe! 

Wisdom is Rowetty. But was signed on loan by a previous manager to build a team of failures that won over 50% of their games 

His midfielders are ball winners with varied skill sets like Johnson... Who he didn't sign. But not like Huddlestone who he did sign

Rowett strategy is to attack and press.... :lol:

Archived