Sign in to follow this  
King Kevin

Peter Taylor

Latest Updates

58 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Incidentally, why does the lower tier of the Normanton end look empty in the photograph?  I don't remember that.

I think this must have been some sort of celebratory event held after the end of the season. I remember being in the Normanton End at the last game of the season when the players were applauded onto the pitch by the opposition.

3 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I think this must have been some sort of celebratory event held after the end of the season. I remember being in the Normanton End at the last game of the season when the players were applauded onto the pitch by the opposition.

The Rams were already in Majorca when Wolves prevented the Dirties (I think) from winning the title. The presentation of the Trophy was on the Sunday morning either 4 or 11 days later.

12 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Incidentally, why does the lower tier of the Normanton end look empty in the photograph?  I don't remember that.

It wasn't a match. 

Wasn't it a morning? They opened the ground so that the trophy could be paraded by the players.

11 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

That was the second title.

v carlisle.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

It wasn't a match. 

Wasn't it a morning? They opened the ground so that the trophy could be paraded by the players.

You're right Ramnut. I remember that now. But in my minds eye the ground was full. That's age for you!

On 6 October 2017 at 14:22, Roboram said:

We actually won 3 trophies that season.

League title

Central League

Texaco Cup

I remember the Derby Evening Telegraph saying that the Rams had won a "Rather Unique Treble!"

It was a rather unique time to be a Rams supporter!

Peter and Brian, we oldies say thanks for the memories!👍

On 06/10/2017 at 14:22, Roboram said:

We actually won 3 trophies that season.

League title

Central League

Texaco Cup

Ah the Texaco Cup, went to the home leg against Airdrie in 1972 (I think).

Colin Boulton took a swing at the Airdrie forward right in front of me. :D