'From the start I thought we were magnificent'

RoyMac5

2 hours ago, David said:

It’s clear that Rowett has a plan, those that claim to not see one are the ones that complain the loudest about games like yesterday where a plan was executed magnifically.

Was it entertaining? Was it b*******.

I could throw examples out there all day long where top clubs have set out to be hard to beat, nick a goal, but my time would be wasted as we should be beating teams like Cardiff because we’re Derby County, respect is not earned, it simply doesn’t exist.

Becoming hard to beat is no bad thing. In fact I would say when done right it can be a valuable part of a managers weaponary. 

Wouldn't want to see it week in week out, but away against in form top of the table and used effectively, a point is a decent result. 

Home next, with Forest looking pretty vulnerable at the back, expect/hoping we’ll see something a little more adventurous whilst bearing in mind Forest are no mugs going forward.

This is the crux - we appear to be improving at stopping the opposition from playing.

But that is at the expense of us being able to play ourselves. 

Hopefully Gary is planning to do that bit so we move from worrying about how to stop the oppo to considering what play tactics we will adopt to make the oppo worried about how to stop us

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

It's just a word and Rowett was probably using it defensively after being slaughtered in the last few weeks. A draw at Cardiff is a good point and he probably felt that he had an opportunity to go on the front foot in the media. Wenger spouts more crap than any manager I know. I tend not to listen to any manager comments or club comments now.. 99% b*******.

You are correct there are more pressing issues.

Not true about Wassall. What he said was pure gold. :ph34r:

On 30 September 2017 at 20:15, BathRam72 said:

Another non post by someone who has nothing better to do than drag the team down. Just like a journalist damned if you do and damned if you don't. Not many teams have got a point at Cardiff this season. 

Oh yes, asking if we were any good is definitely "dragging the team down". I read the post and assumed that OP hadn't seen the game and was genuinely looking for opinions on how we played! 

22 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Oh yes, asking if we were any good is definitely "dragging the team down". I read the post and assumed that OP hadn't seen the game and was genuinely looking for opinions on how we played! 

I assume from your number of posts that you are either new to the forum or you don't visit too often. If you know the originator of this thread and his form, you will notice he rarely if at all has anything positive to say about Derby. So I read it the other way. 

29 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I assume from your number of posts that you are either new to the forum or you don't visit too often. If you know the originator of this thread and his form, you will notice he rarely if at all has anything positive to say about Derby. So I read it the other way. 

I'm new yeah, and don't visit often enough to recognise individual posters really. Fair enough mate. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Well were are a bit closure to become Birmingham city mk2... But is that really a positive?

Was that the Birmingham City punching well above their weight and looking likely to finish top 6 at the time? Rowett was well regarded by all the Blue noses I know. Villa fans didn't like him much!

On 1 October 2017 at 19:53, David said:

It’s clear that Rowett has a plan, those that claim to not see one are the ones that complain the loudest about games like yesterday where a plan was executed magnifically.

I wouldn't say it was magnifical.

Archived