'From the start I thought we were magnificent'

RoyMac5

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fair enough, I see where you're coming from. It's just we've had so much double talk from Rowett that this just adds to it for me. No i'm not a fan of his style of play - ALL teams need to be hardworking and hard to beat though.

I was really fearful of a right tonking today and I'm willing to bet that I'm far from alone on that ,,, today we stood toe to toe with the form team table toppers and matched them ,, it a magnificent progression from the team tonked at Bristol and I've got no probs with gary praising his players to the hilt for that 

Well I think that was a better point than the one we got at Sunderland, by that I mean I think more teams will come away from there with 3 points than they will from Cardiff.

I’ll be honest and say I don’t know if that was an inspired piece of management by Rowett today with the introduction of Martin and Nugent or a “well I’ve tried everything else, let’s see if this works” gamble as I’m not confident he knows his best team still.

A master of bigging himself up, a statement like we were magnificent today might be construed as a “I’ve got everything under control” message to the owner rather than a morale booster to the squad. 

I just don’t know with Rowett, I always think he speaks vaguely.

It's a big leap from the the Sheff Utd and Bristol City results so in relation to those I suppose he can just about get away with using magnificent as a superlative. The biggest positive I think we can take away from today is that the players are definitely still playing for him and at last are buying into his philosophy.  As a supporter I don't think his style is gonna get us on the edge of our seats but if he can get us performing and picking up points consistently then I'll be a happy Ram. Today's result is a step in the right direction for me.

Today was the realisation that away from home this is us.

We won't try to win games, just stop the opposition from winning and if we can Nick a goal so be it.

I hate it, but if it works who am I to argue.

It only makes sense if we go for it and beat teams at home, unlike the rammal Birmingham display. I expect 3 points against forest.

I still think Cardiff were totally for the taking today.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We won't try to win games, just stop the opposition from winning and if we can Nick a goal so be it.

Which is exactly what teams do when they come to Pride Park.

Today was just a normal away performance/strategy for this division.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Were we?

Ok so we went away to the in-form league leaders and showed massive progress, fight, nearly and possibly deservedly winning the game. 

BUT FFS GARY YOUR CHOICE OF ONE OF THE WORDS IN YOUR POST MATCH INTERVIEW WAS SLIGHTLY EXAGGERATED AND NOW WE'RE RIGHT BACK TO SQUARE ONE DAMMIT GARY!!!

4 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Which is exactly what teams do when they come to Pride Park.

Today was just a normal away performance/strategy for this division.

Absolutely, I'm not knocking it.

I remember when Leeds played at pride park a few years ago, they had that foreign manager who Russell slide tackled.

Within 5 minutes of the game I text my mate to say Leeds will win, they are breaking play up, getting in our faces and defending. They scored a late winner.

I realise that is what Rowett is trying to achieve, if it works thumbs up.

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Ok so we went away to the in-form league leaders and showed massive progress, fight, nearly and possibly deservedly winning the game. 

BUT FFS GARY YOUR CHOICE OF ONE OF THE WORDS IN YOUR POST MATCH INTERVIEW WAS SLIGHTLY EXAGGERATED AND NOW WE'RE RIGHT BACK TO SQUARE ONE DAMMIT GARY!!!

Rowett is such a s***!

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Absolutely, I'm not knocking it.

I remember when Leeds played at pride park a few years ago, they had that foreign manager who Russell slide tackled.

Within 5 minutes of the game I text my mate to say Leeds will win, they are breaking play up, getting in our faces and defending. They scored a late winner.

I realise that is what Rowett is trying to achieve, if it works thumbs up.

Uwe Rosler wasn't it, his Wigan team did the same thing too.

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah, stop making yourself look like a fool! DAMMIT!

Defensively we were excellent again today, first half we had the same problems as Brentford when we tried to break out and keep the ball up field. Second half with Martin on we looked much better in attack and could have nicked it near the end, good to see we are improving and working on our weaknesses. 

2 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

We should be as quick to praise the team when they put in a  determined fighting performances like today. As some on here are quick to slate them when they are poor.Credit when credits due.

The way Cardiff have been playing even gaining a point is a worthy efort

I think this is right. I have been very critical of GR so today's result is a good result and I don't mind a park the bus attitude when we are low in confidence against the top team in the league. However this does not mean I'm going to forget what was served up in the previous few games. 

The forest game is now very interesting because i really don't know how GR will approach it. The home crowd will be expecting and we know how difficult it can be to play in front of our own supporters because if we're not 1-0 up in the first 20 minutes there seems to be this nervousness that spreads throughout the stadium. 

Archived