'From the start I thought we were magnificent'

RoyMac5

Every result depends on whether you have a positive or pessimistic outlook.

Most fans would say getting a point away from home at the Championship leaders was good.

To those who rightly or wrongly believe we should be beating teams like Cardiff its two points dropped.

One thing I know if you are a Derby fan you need to be an eternal optimist, that we will again have our days in the sun.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magnificent is maybe a slight exaggeration but this is picking up on something just because you can.

Its all down to expectations we totally nullified the form team in the championship gained a clean sheet in the process the only missing piece was a goal right at the death. In my eyes that would be a magnificent away performance in this division for a team who cronically stuggle away from home and got smashed at Bristol and Sheff United..

12 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Beyond dull now trying to find any angle to attack Rowett with but anyway...

Of course magnificent is an exaggeration, but having not kept a clean sheet away from home since January, you really have to be positive about the result.

It's more of an indictment of how far expectations have been lowered over the past 6 months.

Sounds like we expected them to be better than they were and gave them too much respect in the first half.

Hopefully it's a sign that our team is getting better and can start having more confidence.

I'm predicting a cracking run now and right up there by Christmas.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Typical reply from a 'blinkered fan'!

By the sound of the second half we were playing a better game. @Will the Ram thinks the 1st half was one of the worst halves of football he's seen.

I'm all for positive, but does it really help saying 'we were magnificent' - who believes that?

Blinkered fan lmao....u real fella?

im probably the biggest realist on this site

i dont get carried away when we win and start thinking we're going to get promoted and i dont act like its the end of the world when we lose and everyone is crap.

i know this season was always going to be a write off cos of the wrongs made previously in the transfer market and i know that situations like ours (overspending on crap that no one wants) takes time to rectify

i also know that in football a lot, no scratch that all managers come out with various amounts of pony to the press.

u know what... i largely take what they say to the media with a pinch of salt, they say things that they think might help bring the players together, spur them on or just what the fans might want to hear.

its what i start to see happen on the pitch and while things arnt particurly great and disjointed is an understatement i can see that there are some signs that were taking ever so slow steps in the right direction

rowett needs time and another window or 2 at least.

but tell u what u keep being negative and finding any possible opportunity to moan and bitch about anything he says or does

dont want to spoil your fun

* worst half of football?, take it he hasnt supported us long then... did he not sit through the leicester at home game when they were about 3-0 up in about 12 minutes ??

I suspect GR allowed the outcome to colour his view of the performance. I hope he has learned something ...ie that perhaps CM needs to play from the start because we look better and keep possession better.

i suspect that GR has wanted change for change sake and that has been at the cost of what we are already good at. Next game is talismanic of course...he can effectivefully "buy" back a lot of lost credibility by beating dogs with a performance to match. Lose and that egg spot on the face just gets more noticeable. 

Putting aside in isolation whether this is a good result or not for a minute let's consider our overall league results so far this season -  currently we are 14th in the league having played 10 games.  We've played all of the bottom 3 teams, only recording a win against rock bottom Bolton, the only other win against a side below us being Hull City.

We were beaten soundly at home by Wolves and subsequently capitulated poorly against both Sheffield United and Bristol City away. In terms of our performances so far the best way to describe them would be dour and uninspiring.  

It would be a more balanced thread if we were to discuss the above rather than a one off result. 

Just now, Inglorius said:

Putting aside in isolation whether this is a good result or not for a minute let's consider our overall league results so far this season -  currently we are 14th in the league having played 10 games.  We've played all of the bottom 3 teams, only recording a win against rock bottom Bolton, the only other win against a side below us being Hull City.

We were beaten soundly at home by Wolves and subsequently capitulated poorly against both Sheffield United and Bristol City away. In terms of our performances so far the best way to describe them would be dour and uninspiring.  

It would be a more balanced thread if we were to discuss the above rather than a one off result. 

Well I'm not starting that thread, can't take no more kicking from all the real fans on here! :ph34r:

Said it before and I'll say it again. If someone found a way to cure all world poverty, RoyMac would complain about how long it took.

Give it a rest, lad. A point away from home against the in-form team in the league, considering our away form of late? Excellent result. 

13 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

That’s not what this thread is about though. There’s other threads for that. This one is for the purpose of whining about ONE WORD Gary Rowett said. That word being ‘magnificent’. That’s how low some people are getting in the quest to find something to moan about. It’s getting beyond boring and not worth trying to interact with other ‘fans’ at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Said it before and I'll say it again. If someone found a way to cure all world poverty, RoyMac would complain about how long it took.

Give it a rest, lad. A point away from home against the in-form team in the league, considering our away form of late? Excellent result. 

I think id be more taken aback if he said something positive than if it came out that president trump and Kim Jong un were found in his and her pjs, cuddled up in bed toether watching great british bake off.... i know which is more likely 

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

You don't think it's worth asking fans whether Rowett's description is correct, or that saying stuff like that might cause him more problems with believing what he says, or that the 2nd half might have been good but the 1st half wasn't, or lots of other things to talk about? No. Well why are you posting then, oh yeah just to tell me how negative I am. Take your Rowett-rose coloured specs off and look again.

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

I think id be more taken aback if he said something positive than if it came out that president trump and Kim Jong un were found cuddled up in bed toether watching great british bake off.... i know which is more likely 

Tell me what is positive about Rowett and we'll discuss it.

I am not sure what is getting me down more, the performance of the team on the pitch....or all the negativity off it. Can we just get behind the team and see how things pan out. Things will become a lot clearer by Christmas as to where we are heading. Moaning and talk of sacking Rowett after 10 games is becoming very tiresome and unnecessary and achieving nothing in my view.

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well I'm not starting that thread, can't take no more kicking from all the real fans on here! :ph34r:

You have every right to put your view across; please don't be discouraged by dis-respectful people who don't share your perspective. I for one welcome your insights Sir. 

Listened to his Radio Derby interview and I thought it was a balanced assessment of the performance and where we are.

This could be a step forward but it's too early to say, we need to back it up.

People need to forget 13/14 and 14/15 season, that was the last time Derby played exciting attractive football. We've played Crap football for the past 2 seasons! It's not since Rowett has been here! The problems with being weak away from home were also in evidence before Rowett joined! 

Green shoots of recovery that's all yesterday was but need to take positives from a clean sheet and a better away performance. 

32 minutes ago, toddy said:

Slowly but slowly we are being turned into the new Birmingham city!

Spot on.

I for one am not sure I want to be an ersatz football team. 

I want my team to play good football. I want my team to go and play other teams at football, not park the bus and win 1-0 after a lightening wham bam thank you ma"am mugging. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don't think it's worth asking fans whether Rowett's description is correct, or that saying stuff like that might cause him more problems with believing what he says, or that the 2nd half might have been good but the 1st half wasn't, or lots of other things to talk about? No. Well why are you posting then, oh yeah just to tell me how negative I am. Take your Rowett-rose coloured specs off and look again.

Don't pretend you're being reasonable or asking a valid question. Your agenda is so transparent & bleating like you are after a very positive result is making you come across as unnecessarily sour.

Archived