'From the start I thought we were magnificent'

RoyMac5

44 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We won't try to win games, just stop the opposition from winning and if we can Nick a goal so be it.

If we can nail 'stopping the opposition', maybe that in turn will give confidence to our creatives to push forward and win matches. It's not an overnight process, it might not even be a year long process, but it very well might be the right way to go.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We needed to stop the rot against Brentford,and when you're trying to do that you usually over compensate on the defensive side.Having done that,I'm pleased to see we seemed to have taken advantage of the foothold gained,and improved.

"One Small Step for a Ram"............

https://www.space.com/17307-neil-armstrong-one-small-step-quote.html

I love Derby County and I love Gary Rowett and together we will find the way..........

Lady, take a ride on a Zeke 64
Jerry wants to be a rocket
That's a popular misconception
Says we haven't seen anything yet

Laying down the lifeless corpse of
President 35
The lady crying by his side is
The most beautiful woman alive

RoyMac5
You really were the greatest sight
Stretching out on a summer's day
Houston is calling me back to her

Lady, take a ride on a Zeke 64
Jerry wants to be a rocket
That's a popular misconception
It says we haven't seen anything yet

Laying down the lifeless corpse of
President 35
The lady crying by his side is
The most beautiful woman alive

RoyMac5

The bald eagle lands and the BBG
Full of people raises its hands
All hail the men who will walk up in heaven today

Monochrome TV
All the things you ever represented to me
Take me once more, take me to heaven again

RoyMac5

RoyMac5

I had us down for a 0-0 but everything I've read and heard about the match suggests we did a good deal better than I thought we would. In terms of competing and getting a better share of possession and chances. 

I'm still scratching my head to understand how our confidence away from home has collapsed over the past few months. We used to play with purpose and some degree of flair and win a fair few on the road. Can't see that happening this season.

No harm in Gary giving the team some kind words but "magnificent " was a bit Wassall-esque.

45 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

These tactics will backfire in the worst possible way, Forest at home. 

Genuinely can't think how we're going to break anyone down at home

Hull was a fluke and they were abysmal 

I think you need some better bait, tree.

2nd half seemed a bit brighter. Would look at starting Ledley and Huddlestone in the middle against Forest with lawrence and Russell out wide, Martin up top and Nugent in behind. International break gives Nugent a rest and he'll be back to being a complete and utter nuisance - the kind of player I think that's needed in a big local Derby rather than Vydra

7 minutes ago, Boss said:

2nd half seemed a bit brighter. Would look at starting Ledley and Huddlestone in the middle against Forest with lawrence and Russell out wide, Martin up top and Nugent in behind. International break gives Nugent a rest and he'll be back to being a complete and utter nuisance - the kind of player I think that's needed in a big local Derby rather than Vydra

Definitely plenty of attitude needed...martin,Nugent,russell

The only missing ingredients are Bryson and ward for the ultimate ****you we are derby way of thinking on that holiest of days.

31 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Re Op

We just cant be positive round here can we

*deep sigh*

Typical reply from a 'blinkered fan'!

By the sound of the second half we were playing a better game. @Will the Ram thinks the 1st half was one of the worst halves of football he's seen.

I'm all for positive, but does it really help saying 'we were magnificent' - who believes that?

6 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

Sounds like he knows his job is on the line and is hoping Mel did not see the game. 

Ever that or he is training to be a Tory MP.  

I suspect you got your politics mixed up, did you not see the Labour party conference last week where they were all celebrating winning the election.

I think it depends what you mean by 'worst'. If you mean that a team was completely over-running us and looked like scoring every time they attacked (like Bristol second half) then it definitely wasn't the worst.

However, if you mean that we dropped in and defended well, snuffing out their attacking play and frustrating them to very few chances while proving ineffective and unable to create much on the break then I see where you're coming from.

The word I would use to describe it is boring rather than worst.

But I think we're going to have to get used to it away from home and if we can combine it with the right mix of players to be more clinical in those breaks it could be very effective.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

Sounds like he knows his job is on the line and is hoping Mel did not see the game. 

Ever that or he is training to be a Tory MP.  

13 minutes ago, rebb1 said:

I suspect you got your politics mixed up, did you not see the Labour party conference last week where they were all celebrating winning the election.

You mean they didnt?

To be fair though if he was promising being a labour mp he'd have promised that we would be on 30 points by now.

Archived