'From the start I thought we were magnificent'

RoyMac5

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gritters said:

Roy I think it's more of an inspirational talk than probably telling the truth which would be, "first half we were boring. Second half was a bit better. A point is better than nowt".

Maybe so, but fans would have a bit more respect if he told it like it was - so worrying if he thought we were magnificent. Why not just say we matched them for effort but needed more of an attacking outlet to try for all 3 points. Or some such. I just would like to go back to believing what GR says...

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Another non post by someone who has nothing better to do than drag the team down. Just like a journalist damned if you do and damned if you don't. Not many teams have got a point at Cardiff this season. 

So were we magnificent then?

Edit: how the hell am I going to drag the team down buddy!?

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe so, but fans would have a bit more respect if he told it like it was - so worrying if he thought we were magnificent. Why not just say we matched them for effort but needed more of an attacking outlet to try for all 3 points. Or some such. I just would like to go back to believing what GR says...

I've seen a few highlights and we had some good chances in the second half. It's a bit difficult to judge the performance without being there. Listening to other people's views may not be a true reflection either. 

I think looking at recent form Cardiff were full of confidence and may be we were low. I think based upon that GR needs to speak up the positives to pump some confidence into the team because I suspect that is a major ingredient that we are lacking at the moment.

Just now, Gritters said:

I think looking at recent form Cardiff were full of confidence and may be we were low. I think based upon that GR needs to speak up the positives to pump some confidence into the team because I suspect that is a major ingredient that we are lacking at the moment.

Okay. I think we need a settled team with more attacking intent, but I see where you're coming from. :)

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

So were we magnificent then?

I am absolutely sure it was a motivational speech. The managers job is to focus on the positives and build confidence. He is hardly going to say the opposite is he. I for one think they played the game they had to and stuck to the game plan. It could have so nearly been all 3 points at the end

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

I am absolutely sure it was a motivational speech. The managers job is to focus on the positives and build confidence. He is hardly going to say the opposite is he.

He didn't need to say the opposite. But magnificent? Just comes across as total flannel.

After 10 goals conceded in the 3 previous away games it was time to go back to basics. What the last 2 games have shown is the players are playing for Rowett & have bought into the revised game plan. The team are still in transition & 3 games unbeaten will start to build confidence & performances will steadily improve as this new team starts to gel.

Whilst talk of being magnificent from the start might be a bit OTT, what else do you expect GR to say? Saying 'I thought we were average at best in the first half' is not going to inspire or motivate the players & keep rebuilding confidence levels. It's time to stop harping on about the football we played from 3 seasons ago - those days are gone & he needs to be given time to rebuild the squad & style of play. I for one have seen enough from Rowett to give him until this time next year before I'm going to be critical. 

Whether you like him or not, another change in manager is not what we need right now.

Everything is relative ,,, compared to Bristol away yes we were magnificent,, I'm guessing that as a manager wanting his team to go back to basics of being hardworking and hard to beat away at division leaders as a first building block then yes too ,, everybody has a right to their opinion , for me this thread is a bit harsh and probably unrealistic in how rowett should be reacting to today's result given our start to the season

1 minute ago, archied said:

...for me this thread is a bit harsh and probably unrealistic in how rowett should be reacting to today's result given our start to the season

Fair enough, I see where you're coming from. It's just we've had so much double talk from Rowett that this just adds to it for me. No i'm not a fan of his style of play - ALL teams need to be hardworking and hard to beat though.

Archived