The Bitterest Rivalry In World Football !

loweman2

Ok so the title may be a bit overdone but its always a bit tasty, this one looks like its going to be a bit of a damp squid but there have been plenty of tasty ones in the past.

to many threads talking about the same old same old so heres something different

I had never seen this amazing goal from John Robson in our championship winning season before today, its right at the end of the clip, if you have five minutes to spare its worth watching all of it just for a bit of classic nostalgia when we were actually the greatest team in the country ! perhaps the world ?

Lets get a few positive posts and clips of some of our better days against the red dogs !

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Ok so the title may be a bit overdone but its always a bit tasty, this one looks like its going to be a bit of a damp squid but there have been plenty of tasty ones in the past.

to many threads talking about the same old same old so heres something different

I had never seen this amazing goal from John Robson in our championship winning season before today, its right at the end of the clip, if you have five minutes to spare its worth watching all of it just for a bit of classic nostalgia when we were actually the greatest team in the country ! perhaps the world ?

Lets get a few positive posts and clips of some of our better days against the red dogs !

It's damp squiB not squiD 

17 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

damp squid

It's damp squib

Squids are always damp/wet :D

I like the 5 - 0 stuffing we gave them a few years back - The best example in my memory of us being totally dominant against them - It wasn't even close and we could have had 7 or 8 that day and it still be a fair result

That and the Bucko goal 1 - 0 - Genuinely thought the stadium was going to collapse that day - The whole stand felt like it was shaking 

24 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

well you live and learn, we have a forum full of English language professors :lol: thanks for that @cheron85 & @MuespachRam I can honestly say its a good day to be alive and I have learned something !! for 47 years I thought it was squid !! never did make any f***ing sense to me !!

If you ever watched Friends it's very much like Joey and the "Moo Point" :D

7 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Amazing amount of Derby fans in that notts crowd. Great stuff.

Why do you think it will be a damn squid (see what I did there before any one corrects me) rather than a bit tasty? It may not be high quality but that doesn't mean it won't be full of incident.

I predict a penalty (probably for pushing/holding at a corner), a sending off, handbag scuffle in the centre circle and a late winner - hopefully for us but probably for them. 

On 28/09/2017 at 09:34, loweman2 said:

Stood on the terrace opposite the cameras for that game. Great team, great times.Happy memories.

He shot he missed he must have been pissed Storey Moore Storey Moore.

The last time we met, a decent ref would have seen the scoreline finish gumps 1 Rams 4 and they'd have been relegated and we wouldn't have to endure this terrible match. Bitter? Too right I am. 

The only saving grace is that they are under orders to play from the back in all circumstances and never go long, meaning we can press high with impunity, nicking the ball and creating chances in the final third. 

It'll probably be a damp squib but it could be magic (see what I did there?)!

On 9/28/2017 at 09:34, loweman2 said:

I was there :D

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

I do not. 

?

Seriously? Sorry if you're joshing with me...

In the Harry Potter books a character such as Hermione Granger has magic, even though she's born into a Muggle (non-magical) family. But it can happen the other way around and if magical parents give birth to a kid without magic that kid is called a Squib. Hence the game could be a damp squib (as in the original post, but that used squid by mistake, giving rise to the comments that followed) but it could instead be magic!

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Seriously? Sorry if you're joshing with me...

In the Harry Potter books a character such as Hermione Granger has magic, even though she's born into a Muggle (non-magical) family. But it can happen the other way around and if magical parents give birth to a kid without magic that kid is called a Squib. Hence the game could be a damp squib (as in the original post, but that used squid by mistake, giving rise to the comments that followed) but it could instead be magic!

Not wanting to speak for Parsnip, the rest of the forum, or indeed the world, but that it a pretty specific niche reference! Doubt that is as common knowledge as you think it is! :blink:

Archived