Wisdom     Keogh      Davies

Bennett                                            Olsson

Martin        Johnson

Lawrence 

Nugent         Winnall

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely it will be more of a challenge for a longball side to break us down if we do to these what we did to Brentford? 

Screen Zahore (who dominated Keogh last time we played these) and stop their supply into the box. Then the game becomes an all out scrap with either a mistake or magic winning the game.

6 hours ago, Derbados said:

Play with the same tactics as Tuesday night and we're going to get an absolute pasting. Cant afford to sit back for 70+ minutes against these they will cut through us like butter. 

We've got to take the game to them and let them worry about us, sadly i think it will be much of the same and another frustrating afternoon. 

Was it a tactic? I don't think it was part of the game plan to give Brentford 76 % of the posession. We just weren't up to it. That was due to our deficiencies, and I agree that we are unlikely to solve the problem by Saturday.

6 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Fair enough, I think he's a good player but I don't rate him nearly as highly as that.

I do. I didn't get all the hoopla about getting him in. I've always liked Christie ... but damn, Wisdom is really good with and without the ball, and I've been really impressed. I think he will get better too. You need to up your valuation.

4 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh      Davies

Bennett                                            Olsson

Martin        Johnson

Lawrence 

Nugent         Winnall

You've got a forward at right wing back, you've got a striker in the centre, you've left out our three best midfielders, you've dropped our top scorer... this is extreme team picking... i like it.

8 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You've got a forward at right wing back, you've got a striker in the centre, you've left out our three best midfielders, you've dropped our top scorer... this is extreme team picking... i like it.

I thought it looked OK, would just swop Carson for Russell, job done.

22 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

World cup winning captain in midfield, how can it go wrong?

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Anya

Ledley  Thorne

Lawrence   Vydra   Winnall

Martin

Interesting...adding some pace at the back...forgot Anya can play there.

Worth risking thorne if he fit,does the job of hudders but much much more effectively.

And as you might expect,would love see vydras behind Martin.

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Anya

Ledley  Thorne

Lawrence   Vydra   Winnall

Martin

Striker as a winger, gotta love it!

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Interesting...adding some pace at the back...forgot Anya can play there.

Worth risking thorne if he fit,does the job of hudders but much much more effectively.

And as you might expect,would love see vydras behind Martin.

I think if were going to use Anya at the back it would have to be deployed in a 3 , using Anya in the right wing back role. Probably something like this.

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies 

Anya                                            Ollson 

Huddlestone  Ledley 

Vydra                    Lawrence 

Winnall 

Isn't football great? After the game on Tuesday I was thoroughly pee'd off with the club. 

Now, a few days later, I'm thinking we might cause an upset and sneak a win, which will be the start of a march up the table  

It's the curse of the football fan, and why we keep on going. There's always hope. 

6 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Isn't football great? After the game on Tuesday I was thoroughly pee'd off with the club. 

Now, a few days later, I'm thinking we might cause an upset and sneak a win, which will be the start of a march up the table  

It's the curse of the football fan, and why we keep on going. There's always hope. 

Jesus wept.

Mel would be forgiven for sobbing into his Crunchy Nut cornflakes. 

Who would have thought 6 months ago when he got his man, that by late September, the height of our ambition is to try to "cause an upset"  at the mighty Cardiff. Or hold them to a 2 to 3 nil.

Tragedy :blink:

Archived