corporal forsyth

private ledley

private huddlestone

Private winnall

Corporal johnson

Private nugent

No Johnny foreignors.

E N G L A N D E X P E C T S T H A T E V E R Y M A N W I L L D O H I S D U T Y

More like General Disarray and Major Disaster, with the only solution being a major dose of Corporal Punishment.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play with the same tactics as Tuesday night and we're going to get an absolute pasting. Cant afford to sit back for 70+ minutes against these they will cut through us like butter. 

We've got to take the game to them and let them worry about us, sadly i think it will be much of the same and another frustrating afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Play with the same tactics as Tuesday night and we're going to get an absolute pasting. Cant afford to sit back for 70+ minutes against these they will cut through us like butter. 

We've got to take the game to them and let them worry about us, sadly i think it will be much of the same and another frustrating afternoon. 

not great is it?

pushing too far up the pitch leaves the centre backs exposed to quick skillful forwards and it will be Bristol again but worse.  maybe a 2-0 defeat is a good result, shoot me now

Personally I would go

Carson 

wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth 

lawrence Huddlestone ledley johnson

Martin.   winnall 

but he wont probably 

we need to win the ball and keep the ball but I am expecting Cardiff having the ball and us watching them have the ball.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Personally I would go

Carson 

Martin.   winnall 

but he wont probably 

we need to win the ball and keep the ball but I am expecting Cardiff having the ball and us watching them have the ball.

Same idea as me :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Sergeant Carson

private wisdom

captain keogh

private davies

Private pearce

corporal forsyth

private ledley

private huddlestone

Private winnall

Corporal johnson

Private nugent

No Johnny foreignors.

E N G L A N D E X P E C T S T H A T E V E R Y M A N W I L L D O H I S D U T Y

I'm sure that this is xenophobic - and slightly wrong in places but it really made me chuckle - thank you!

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

If it was up to me I'd go:

Carson 

Baird       Keogh     Davies      Olsson 

Anya Huddlestone Ledley Lawrence 

Martin Vydra/Winnall 

Vydra playing starting slightly withdrawn if he starts. Thorne in for Huddlestone if he's fit. 

No Wisdom? Thank goodness it's not up to you.

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Personally I would go

Carson 

Martin.   winnall 

I agree. But I reckon it's more likely he'll play Nugent and Winnall, so they can chase the long balls punted from midfield.

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

No Wisdom? Thank goodness it's not up to you.

Why is that such a radical idea ? There isn't much between them defensively but Baird is a better in possession. Personally I think Wisdom and Forsyth have had a bit of a tendancy to just hurl aimless balls forward this season.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Why is that such a radical idea ? There isn't much between them defensively but Baird is a better in possession. Personally I think Wisdom and Forsyth have had a bit of a tendancy to just hurl aimless balls forward this season.

Forsyth has always had to fight that urge.

But I think that it's an actual tactic mate. It's what we call an 'attack' now

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Nothing against Baird but Wisdom would be first name on the team sheet for me. 

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Forsyth has always had to fight that urge.

But I think that it's an actual tactic mate. It's what we call an 'attack' now

Whilst your definitely right and it is tactical but that's part of the reason I'd pick baird and olsson. My impression is that balls in the channels from them have been a lot less aimless. Particularly Baird has the nouse to know when the ball isn't on.

5 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Only problem then is who do you play out wide ?

Doesn't really matter. Russell, Weimann, Anya, Vydra and Bennett offers about as much attacking and/or defending wise. Let them come inside and overlap at least once in a game. I know that's just fantasy though.

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Doesn't really matter. Russell, Weimann, Anya, Vydra and Bennett offers about as much attacking and/or defending wise. Let them come inside and overlap at least once in a game. I know that's just fantasy though.

But then you'd have to be more bothered about attacking and scoring goals than defending, it's not GRs Way is it?!

For me (depending on fitness)

Carson

Wisdom. Keogh. Davies. Olsson      

Huddlestone Ledley Johnson

Lawrence & Vydra (floating about a bit in a total football stylee... I understand the issues with this but I don't care)

Winnall

I'm not expecting a lot of people to agree with me :p  You should see my FM achievements though!

Archived