peachmyster

Cardiff V Derby County

Thorne Anya and Shackell all playing U23s today, right? So surely they're not in the mix for Cardiff. Fozzy didn't do himself any favours with the hoofing clearances at Brent (but if Rowett wants fozzy as his long term LB he needs to keep playing him - Fozzy is vulnerable to being replaced by Baird or Olsson), and Rowett will stick with Winnall who has assisted and scored in both the last games. I think the johnson experiment failed which is where the one main change will come and he will either move him to left wing or reinstate Johnny there. Nugent or top scorer Vydra will battle for the 10 role. Think it's Vydras given GRs take on cardiffs less fluent playing style. So ... prediction is:

Carson 

wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Huddlestone Ledley 

Lawrence Vydra Johnson 

winnall 

Think that’s pretty close  - I reckon Bird might be a traveller after being left out of the Under 23s - otherwise subs from Nugent, Martin, Pearce, Mitchell, Baird, Russell, Weimann ? (Bennett and Hanson injured, Lowe not ready)

If Russell not on bench then he’s in danger of being overtaken by Luke Thomas in the pecking order. 

Shackell Anya Thorne played today game which is they're not in the squad for tomorrow game. 

So for tomorrow team imo 

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Olsson 

Huddlestone Ledley 

Lawrence Vydra Russell 

Martin or Winnall 

Lets hope we can battle our way to at least a point tomorrow. I seem to remember playing Cardiff in the Davies promotion season at a similar time of year when they were flying and we (at that stage) were struggling. I am sure we drew 2-2 after being behind twice in the game, perhaps a Giles Barnes equaliser even?

8 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Lets hope we can battle our way to at least a point tomorrow. I seem to remember playing Cardiff in the Davies promotion season at a similar time of year when they were flying and we (at that stage) were struggling. I am sure we drew 2-2 after being behind twice in the game, perhaps a Giles Barnes equaliser even?

Yes. 

10 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Well remembered I was there. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/6072746.stm

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

It was a struggle to remember it and looking at the BBC report I see Ledley played for Cardiff that day. They also had Loovens who is still around. I would love to know where Cardiff sat in the league that day as I am sure they were going really well.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.