Cardiff V Derby County

peachmyster

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why does it have to be an out of work manager? Plus Wassall isn't working as a manager atm is he?

I'd rather give Wassall a long period of time to stabilise the club than Rowett. We know what both of those two's philosophy on how the game should be played is and I don't chose Rowett.

If Wassall was the answer then why did we choose Rowett, I remember Rednapp being brought in to support him during his brief stint as coach.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, lets slate the line up before a ball has even been kicked... It might be crap and we might get battered, but it could also be the right choice and we go on to perform. Let's just wait and see eh? Never understood it, just open yourself to get shot at if you get it wrong. 

Rowett says the lineup may look like the same setup as Brentford, but we're going to approach things a little differently. Forward players are going to stay further up the field. 

Good to hear, it was obvious we were playing way too deep against Brentford.

3 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I feel for Martin - was froze out by Pearson so went to Fulham, then McClaren came back so he signed a lengthy extension, but by the time he returned Pearson mkII is in charge. Bait and switch!

Both Pearson and rowett prefer making a point over actually scoring goals.

Good grief....Nugent and vydra must be having WTF moments too.

Just now, wixman1884 said:

If we lose this and forest, while playing negative boring football, there's no way Mel keeps him on. And rightly so.

You're in cloud cuckoo land Wixer. First we won't be negative in either game and second he ain't going nowhere. Stop fixating on Martin and Mac : limited player and clown manager. Get a grip. Enjoy today !

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

Yes, lets slate the line up before a ball has even been kicked... It might be crap and we might get battered, but it could also be the right choice and we go on to perform. Let's just wait and see eh? Never understood it, just open yourself to get shot at if you get it wrong. 

It’s the Derby Way! :D

I have to say I have never understood why a team sets up defensively away from home. Apart from a bit more noise from the home fans, we play 11 v 11, on a green surface, with neutral officials. Why do we have to start with a premise that a point away is good, yet not getting 3 at home is tragic. Just get stuck in whether home or away. Try to win whether home or away. Entertain the fans whether home or away. This football malarkey's real easy from where I'm sitting!!!

1 minute ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I can understand everything except Bradley Johnson in the number 10 role.

Perhaps time will enlighten me!

if this was Forest it would be Vydra in there ... it's away in Wales so this is a bit more badass. I think that's it.

6 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I can understand everything except Bradley Johnson in the number 10 role.

Perhaps time will enlighten me!

Only saying but maybe bradly might go left and johnny im behind... bit more of a direct threat through the middle re pace... 

probably not but the option is there

4 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

I have to say I have never understood why a team sets up defensively away from home. Apart from a bit more noise from the home fans, we play 11 v 11, on a green surface, with neutral officials. Why do we have to start with a premise that a point away is good, yet not getting 3 at home is tragic. Just get stuck in whether home or away. Try to win whether home or away. Entertain the fans whether home or away. This football malarkey's real easy from where I'm sitting!!!

Not really though. Only the very best teams in the world can consistently take wins away from home and even then they are squeakers. It's almost a scientific fact. So you have to be a little different otherwise you're being very naive. I'd still agree that you should go for 3 points, just in a different way 

9 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

God forbid people express speculation/opinion on an online football forum.

Archived